Mr. M
norjeff
DarkS0ul
murph23
hcp72
Muxiop
Doctor Inferno
59 posters

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
After that I ran Spybot search and destroy (another program you should have, updated of course),

Not any more LDukey. To be honest, Spybot hasn't worked well for about a year now. Malwarebytes has taken over as the best malware/trojan/spyware product out there. I uninstalled Spybot 6 months ago as it just kept finding the same things all the time - all false positives.

DON'T CLICK ANY OF THE BOXES, NOT EVEN CANCEL OR CLOSE. Drag the boxes off to the side and out of the way

Sadly, most lay-people, my customers, will always click the box - out of panic more than anything else. By then, of course as we know, it is already too late. Like a bunch of guys gatecrashing a party, once the door is held open by one of them the rest pile on in.

I'm surprised to see someone with some I.T. knowledge using Symantec. That POS has been on the top of the virus attack list for years now. Sadly though, even AVG is susceptible. That's why forums such as this one and bleepingcomputers are so great.

Cheers Mate

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptywhat link?

more_horiz
taylordewd wrote:
Here's the link and procedure you need:

it's blank dude. the fix is already posted here. There's no need to add another one.

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
pivve wrote:
Hey everyone!

just got this crap last night! Sad tearing...im kind of noob at this so i hope u can help me!

i havent installed it, i just get the popups that i should install and have the warning sign on my desktop "that i am infected. but then when i try to extract the .rar file with malaware from the link i just get a warning that "Application cannot be executed.the file infected, Please activate your antivirus software" so im kind of stuck at this,

i have norton 360 installed ive runned that and found somekind virus...havent restarted the cpu yet though so i still get the pop-ups as im typing this...

if i would do a full system install with windows cd so that the harddrive "formated" would the virus be removed then? cause in my case that seems like the easier way for me..

really hope u guys can help me fast. and sry for my bad english im a swede! Big Grin thx otherwise

hey pivve. I prefer Parsnips myself. LOL Banner

If you follow the instructions at the top of this page you will be able to remove it. That's really what you should have done first - if you were then still having problems with this bugger, that's when you post a help request.

So, try starting in 'safe mode' (tap the F8 key just after the BIOS screen disappears and before the Windows symbol appears), choose Safe Mode, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (if you can) and run it. If it's runs successfully you will most likely get rid of everything to do with this thing but reboot into normal windows and run a virus scan and another MBAM scan anyway - better safe than sorry.

I would also suggest you ditch Norton 360 for AVG FREE version 9. Norton/Symantec are pretty useless unfortunately.

If you are then still having problems - post something here.

We cool? Right On!

more_horiz
My father got this malware today and has completed this guide but the problem reoccurs each time he restarts. After every reboot he starts the Malwarebytes Anti-malware program and each time it discovers new files.

He has NOD32 installed but not updated (licence expired...) but he can't access internet so renwing won't do any good (at least not for the time being). He did a scan with NOD32 that came up with two hits which were deleted.

We installed MBAM in fail safe and ran it through there the first time with "success". After reboot we ran WinXp normal and a new scan which found some new files - deleted and rebooted. Problem still not solved after this, several scans finds new files each time. We tried fail safe and hoping that a manual delete in regedit would help but the bugger stopped us from running it. Seeing as MBAM isn't stopping this, we quit and I'm asking for what to do.

more_horiz
0s1r1s wrote:
pivve wrote:
Hey everyone!

just got this crap last night! Sad tearing...im kind of noob at this so i hope u can help me!

i havent installed it, i just get the popups that i should install and have the warning sign on my desktop "that i am infected. but then when i try to extract the .rar file with malaware from the link i just get a warning that "Application cannot be executed.the file infected, Please activate your antivirus software" so im kind of stuck at this,

i have norton 360 installed ive runned that and found somekind virus...havent restarted the cpu yet though so i still get the pop-ups as im typing this...

if i would do a full system install with windows cd so that the harddrive "formated" would the virus be removed then? cause in my case that seems like the easier way for me..

really hope u guys can help me fast. and sry for my bad english im a swede! Big Grin thx otherwise

hey pivve. I prefer Parsnips myself. LOL Banner

If you follow the instructions at the top of this page you will be able to remove it. That's really what you should have done first - if you were then still having problems with this bugger, that's when you post a help request.

So, try starting in 'safe mode' (tap the F8 key just after the BIOS screen disappears and before the Windows symbol appears), choose Safe Mode, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (if you can) and run it. If it's runs successfully you will most likely get rid of everything to do with this thing but reboot into normal windows and run a virus scan and another MBAM scan anyway - better safe than sorry.

I would also suggest you ditch Norton 360 for AVG FREE version 9. Norton/Symantec are pretty useless unfortunately.

If you are then still having problems - post something here.

We cool? Right On!

Hey Os1iri1s!

followed the guide and installed the Mbam, but did this first in normal mode found like 23 infected files rebooted and tried to go into safe mode! the cpu said that it didnt work...so i logged back in normal mode again....scanned and found only 1 file left "Rootkit.agent" Malaware finds it easy but everytime i reboot and scan its still there Sad tearing

the infected file is located in "c:\windows\system32\drivers\uwtnhuf.sys"

so any help to get rid of this would be lovely Goofy

otherwise great and easy guide Smile... thx

Last edited by pivve on 7th January 2010, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptyosiris

more_horiz
I do agree with you. This was someone elses machine that I was working on, and I just used the programs he had on there. 5 years ago, Spybot and Adaware were the best programs out there, now it seems like they don't really do much. On my machine I use Malwarebytes and AVG free. Malwarebytes is the most effective, I might just donate money to them for putting out such a useful, free product.

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptythe dicotomy of antimalware software

more_horiz
LDukey wrote:
I do agree with you. This was someone elses machine that I was working on, and I just used the programs he had on there. 5 years ago, Spybot and Adaware were the best programs out there, now it seems like they don't really do much. On my machine I use Malwarebytes and AVG free. Malwarebytes is the most effective, I might just donate money to them for putting out such a useful, free product.

Hey dude. Fair enough - I carry a flash drive with lots of goodies on it, including AVG and MBAM for this reason. But I can't always get them to install if something like this has entrenched itself. boo hiss. (Keeps me in business though)
I guess it's a lot like the audio download software: Kazaa, KLite, Limewire and Soulseek. After a while ones gets replaced by the next - although in the case of Limewire, that became obsolete because morons started filling it up with viruses and trojans. boo hiss x2

Anyway. Stay safe dude. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptysafe mode

more_horiz
the cpu said that it didnt work.

I think you mean the operating system. The cpu is a component of the computer, the brains if you will. The operating system is the consciousness, or personality.

It sounds like you might need to dump all your system restore points as it's most likely hiding in there. This is not unusual. I'd run a FULL scan with MBAM and then with your anti virus software and see if that fixes it. If not, download and install CCleaner from THIS LINK to uninstall your system Restore points. CCleaner is also good for cleaning up all the temporary files and giving your registry (the oil in your engine) a once over; like getting a service on a car.

It's not my guide, but let me know how you go. Right On!

more_horiz
0s1r1s wrote:
the cpu said that it didnt work.

I think you mean the operating system. The cpu is a component of the computer, the brains if you will. The operating system is the consciousness, or personality.

It sounds like you might need to dump all your system restore points as it's most likely hiding in there. This is not unusual. I'd run a FULL scan with MBAM and then with your anti virus software and see if that fixes it. If not, download and install CCleaner from THIS LINKto uninstall your system Restore points. CCleaner is also good for cleaning up all the temporary files and giving your registry (the oil in your engine) a once over; like getting a service on a car.

It's not my guide, but let me know how you go. Right On!

ok finally made my way into "safe mode" scanned with mbam and didnt find anything!

went back to "normal mode" and scanned still there. and i did full scans earlier today with mbam and norton 360...and tonight i uninstalled norton 360 and installed AVG instead Smile... but didnt find anything with that either!

so gonna try CCleaner now seems like my last way out!

edit: sorry to say Ccleaner didnt help i deleted all my restore points except the lastest one because the program wouldnt let me hehe.

so now im clueless what to do? Sad tearing

wouldnt it work if go into "safe mode" and delete the uwtnhuf.sys file the one that is infected?
or maybe i wouldnt be able to start up the OS again? and then restore XP afterwards?

might sound like the worst idea ever! Goofy hehe

but im running out off options Sad tearing or maybe a full re-install of the computer?

edit2: looked around on the forum found a threadTHIS LINK with a dude that has the same problem as i have gonna follow that through tomorrow and hopefully get rid of this thing! atleast he did Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyKilled my XP system

more_horiz
The malwarebytes stuff did not work, folks. It's apparently figured out how to prevent the main file from executing.

My stepson got this on his old XP laptop which I had unfortunately neglected to sufficiently protect. I managed to disable the virus by going through and using movefile from sysinternals to change the location of the files, but when I installed avira to scan and fix the infection, I stepped into some kind of landmine that bluescreened the system. When it comes up now there is NO bootloader, no nothing. Just a blank screen.

I really would like to know where this thing is coming from because the appropriate authorities need to be notified, the site serving this piece of garbage up needs to be shut down, and the individuals responsible need to be arrested and jailed for destruction of property. This is an incredibly aggressive and destructive program which appears to have no other purpose than to permanently destroy people's computers.

Just a warning: if you get this, prepare to kiss your system goodbye. I'm an MCSE with 14 years of experience in the desktop OS world and I've never seen such a spiteful little scrummy dirtworm of a virus. Conficker was a walk in the park compared to this piece of crap.

more_horiz
wouldnt it work if go into "safe mode" and delete the uwtnhuf.sys file the one that is infected?

you mean you didn't try that first?? Ah Jeez. Perhaps I should have said something about that too. Definitely try deleting it.

CCleaner is just a registry and file cleaner. You have to get rid of it first and then this app will go in a clean up the mess.

You didn't need to uninstall Norton - it would have been better to install AVG, saw if it found anything and if it did, then uninstall Norton. I hope you have the installer still - in case you need it.

If worst comes to the worst, you'll probably need to reformat your hard drive and reinstall XP. But 90% of the people who have been infected by this thing have resolved it from this forum. If that's not working for you then it may be something else entirely. Try that guide and if that doesn't work I'd suggest you weigh up your options between further cleaning - preferably manually - and a rebuild.

more_horiz
You know. This is why I always suggest to people that they have TWO hard drives on their desktops and that laptops have their hard drives partitioned. This way you can change the location of your My Documents folder to the second hard disk and save everything else of value to this second area by default.

If anything goes pear-shaped with the O.S. partition, it's not too much of a problem. Sure it means a lot of reinstalling but in the end your data is safe. And that's the priority.

I only wish I could find out who the people are who make these things because I would quite happily cut their balls off and feed them to them.

0s1r1s' guide to reinstalling:

Infection detected > EEK! > Attempt elimination > Fail > NOOOO! > Safe Mode mayhem > Fail > FRAK!!! > Format > gulp! > reinstall O.S. > yawn! > reinstall software > red bull and/or yawn x2 > configure > grrr! > back up and running > yay! > Updates > Oh FFS! > Bandwidth fragged for another month > (note to self: use ghost to create an image of the basic installation next time!) > Fin

more_horiz
hehe yeah you are right i re-installed windows instead! 😉

and i didnt loose to much i have a backup drive! only thing i dont like is to reinstall everything! Sad tearing takes forever. but atleast now its done! Smile...

more_horiz
I appear to be out of options, but I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong. I boot the computer and hit F8 to go into safe mode, but once there wherever I try to go takes me to my "Welcome" page and it won't let me go beyond that. I tried downloading the Malwarebytes on the computer I'm using now and then copying it and downloading it on the infected computer, but it will not allow me access to it. I was able to run a scan with AVG and Spybot, which were already installed on the computer, and they removed several infections, but nothing seems to be helping this problem. It seems the more progress I attempt to make, and think I'm making, the worse the problem becomes the next time I try to access the computer. I've tried everything these messages say to do, but it either doesn't work or I can't access the program period. What can I do?

more_horiz
i cannot install the malwarebytes it says error message 707(3,0)what else can i do the computer shop wants 50 dollars and says it might not even work,and then they want 75 to erase the hard drive and reinstall windows if it doesnt work please help if u can

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum