GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

descriptionRemove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to remove Internet Security 2010 for free.

What is Internet Security 2010? (Information)

Internet Security 2010 is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.

When it installs, it causes inevitable system mutation and annoying insecure activity of ransomware. It will then will trigger a large number of its obsessive and misleading notices e.g. pop ups, fake Windows Security Center windows, bogus scanners, fake alerts etc. To trick you to believe of exposing multiple infections on the compromised computer. Upon completion of this disinformation attack, it will suggest that you buy a full version of it's product.

Internet Security 2010 Screenshot

Internet Security 2010 Screenshot

Internet Security 2010 Files, Folders and Registry Entries

C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
C:\Program Files\Documents and Settings\GeekPolice\Desktop\SetupIS2010.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “IS2010.exe”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Internet Security 2010
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Internet Security 2010

Follow these instructions to continue:

1. Open Task Manager by continually pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
2. Navigate to the Processes tab.
3. Locate for the processes called IS2010.exe, winlogon86.exe, winupdate86.exe and 41.exe. End their processes one at a time by click the End Process button at the bottom left hand corner of Task Manager and click Yes.
4. Continue with the instructions listed below to remove Internet Security 2010 completely.

1. Please download this removal tool: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

2. Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on mbam-setup.exe

3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.

4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program as shown below.

4.1 If you receive a Setup error stating Unable to Execute File, download this .

4.2 Do not rename the file which you just downloaded. Navigate to C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ then copy and paste it there.

4.3 Double click the file which you just pasted in C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ in step 4.2.

5. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown above.

6. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.

7. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click Ok to continue.

8. Click Show Results.

9. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.

10. Click on Remove selected

11. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it displays a message stating that it needs to restart, please allow it to do so.

12. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned.

To protect your computer from future threats like this, you may want to consider purchasing the Pro version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.

If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this software, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.

You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you are privileged to other virus removal resources in future.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 10th April 2010, 5:28 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)

descriptionRe: Remove Internet Security 2010 [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Cheers mate, it works. Smile... Thank You!

Im gonna buy that malwarebytes

more_horiz
Hi
I tried downloading the tool. However it retured a message "Unable to execute file c:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\mbam.exe"
"Create process failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified."

Could you help me understand why the mbam.exe file in not downloading.

more_horiz
worked great..... many thanks!!

more_horiz
Thanks for the response, unfortunately yesterday night, prior to your response, I downloded the mbam.exe application via another site and executed scan. At that time it seemed to have removed the malware. However when I restarted the PC later on, it does not let me log into windows, it have tried a few times already. Actually it lets me log in for 3-4 seconds and 'logging off' again, tried it in safe mode via admin and its the same. Do you have a workaround this one.

more_horiz
Yes it was one of the first things I fixed:

Fix the path for userinit (Change C:\ to reflect your path): So use the UBCD4win and make sure the path and file are correct. That will fix the login logout loop.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

descriptionSecurity 2010

more_horiz
I ran the program in safe mode as you suggested and when I turned it on again the items were still there. Is there anything else that I can do to remove this malware?

descriptionIt killed my computer

more_horiz
I think i got it bad, I tried everything and it took over really fast.

Can't login into the OS - I can boot from the CD but after a while i keep getting error codes and fails. When i try safe mode i get the blue screen of death. i tried UBCD4Win but nothing.

I think the only thing i can do is buy a new hard drive.

more_horiz
Here's the link and procedure you need:

descriptionInternet Security 2010

more_horiz
I got this Malware on Christmas Day after trying to copy a weird looking email address to put on my internet ban list instead it went immediately into a trojan horse advertising Internet Security 2010..This problem was way over my head in all respects so I enlisted the help of a friend that helped me remotely, using team viewer he did all the things specified plus a few extras...he said it wormed its way past the registry into the system files..Now I have some pretty electrified wall paper, my windows login is gone, windows explorer has vanished, and although it does have a few resources that are ok, even the Start Button with all my programs are missing basically its a blank screen with no obvious way of accessing anything..this is a very dangerous Malware program I am at a loss for words but I don't think it will be ok unless a new HDD is installed, the sad thing is I just got this system on Tuesday December 22nd

descriptionExcellent addition!

more_horiz
DarkS0ul wrote:
Yes it was one of the first things I fixed:

Fix the path for userinit (Change C:\ to reflect your path): So use the UBCD4win and make sure the path and file are correct. That will fix the login logout loop.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

Two of my customers got this virus this morning and this is the addition that really helped me to resolve the problem. This little pest may have evolved since this guide was written because if the userinit.exe is changed you won't even be able to get into Safe Mode so the rest of the guide is pointless without this. Hooray! I think this should be added to the full instructions. Thank You!

Legend! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
Hey everyone!

just got this crap last night! Sad tearing...im kind of noob at this so i hope u can help me!

i havent installed it, i just get the popups that i should install and have the warning sign on my desktop "that i am infected. but then when i try to extract the .rar file with malaware from the link i just get a warning that "Application cannot be executed.the file infected, Please activate your antivirus software" so im kind of stuck at this,

i have norton 360 installed ive runned that and found somekind virus...havent restarted the cpu yet though so i still get the pop-ups as im typing this...

if i would do a full system install with windows cd so that the harddrive "formated" would the virus be removed then? cause in my case that seems like the easier way for me..

really hope u guys can help me fast. and sry for my bad english im a swede! Big Grin thx otherwise

more_horiz
it said for me also that i can't open it because it's infected, so i went to the site itself and downloaded it from there with no problems.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

more_horiz
bakersdozen wrote:
it said for me also that i can't open it because it's infected, so i went to the site itself and downloaded it from there with no problems.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Hey Baker! ye i did the same. have it installed now but havent used it yet..to scared of that login problem they are talking about. been reading alot and it seems really hard "atleast for me" to understand exact how to get the pc not to shut off everytime u login! like typing codes and stuff!

more_horiz
Just got this one, and pretty sure I just got rid of it. This is really pesky, moreso than last year's "Anti Virus 2009". You need the most recent version of Malwarebyes anti Malware. If you don't have it, restart your computer and keep hitting F8 and choose Safe Mode with networking. Once you're started in safe mode, Google Malwarebytes. Download and install it. Keep in mind that this virus is pretty pesky, it will continue to pop bogus messages up (even in safe mode) trying to get you to click on it and give them your credit card etc. DON'T CLICK ANY OF THE BOXES, NOT EVEN CANCEL OR CLOSE. Drag the boxes off to the side and out of the way while you install\update\run Malwarebytes. Clicking the messages just seems to make it worse and more fierce. It took me a couple of tries, but i finally got it updated and ran a quick scan. Malwarebytes found 23 infected items, which of course you remove. After that I ran Spybot search and destroy (another program you should have, updated of course), and it found 1 more infected item. Just as a precaution, I ran symantec anti virus scan for an hour and it found nothing. So it's safe to assume that the first 2 programs got it. Good Luck!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum