WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionconnect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook Emptyconnect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook

more_horiz
I have an Acer Aspire 5517 Notebook. I can get a picture from the monitor to the tv BUT it shows up in three small versions of what I am displaying on my notebook. Please help!!

descriptionconnect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook EmptyRe: connect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook

more_horiz
Did you use the correct cables? Check what your laptop port supports, it is most likely to be VGA. Use the correct cables to connect. Ask a knowlegeable person to verify the cables for you.

Try checking the max resolution of your graphics card and see if it covers the range of that of your tv's. In Windows 7, Right-click on your desktop>Screen resolution

In the resolution drop down box, try dragging the range to the max resolution available and verify it.

Also, you could try out this solution:

When your laptop has been connected to your tv, go to Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Nvidia Control Panel

Under the Display tree, Select the Change resolution tab and under the category: Select the Display you would like to change, select your TV.
Now change its resolution accordingly to fit.

Hope my advice has been useful to you.

descriptionconnect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook EmptyRe: connect tv to Acer Aspire 5517 notebook

more_horiz
Lance... I am a computer teacher and I think I can figure out how to put VGA cables on right... there is only one way Smile....
Checked the resolution as well....
Did not check Nvidia control panel...
Thanks!

more_horiz
Did my solutions work for you?

more_horiz
nope..... but thanks! Still have three screens.... they are all mini clear versions of whats on my laptop

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum