WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedIE8 not working in win xp after antivirus pro 2009 removal but firefox works

more_horiz
i can no longer run ie8 on my acer aspire 5000 series laptop after using malware bytes to remove antivirus pro 2009 for the second time. however fire fox still works and skype works but i need ie8 for my brothers to play roblox and runescape .please help. P.S. IE8 works on my other computer

thx in advance,
seth Thank You!

descriptionSolvedRe: IE8 not working in win xp after antivirus pro 2009 removal but firefox works

more_horiz
sounds similar to my problem is it saying something about the proxy?

descriptionSolvedRe: IE8 not working in win xp after antivirus pro 2009 removal but firefox works

more_horiz
no i also tried that ms fix it thing recommended to other people

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Hello,

• Now click on the Connections tab and then the Lan Settings button
  • Under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN.
  • Click the OK button to close this screen. Then press the Apply button and then the OK button to close the Internet Options screen. Now that you have disabled the proxy server you will be able to browse the web again with Internet Explorer.

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

more_horiz
will try thanks

more_horiz
THANK YOU! I LOVE this site and i love you all thanks doc and Merry Christmas to all Thank You! Ahahaha

more_horiz
Glad I could help! Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum