WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Automatic Update Virus, and then some...

2 posters

descriptionAutomatic Update Virus, and then some... - Page 4 EmptyRe: Automatic Update Virus, and then some...

more_horiz
Hello, I'm back again after the holiday celebrations. I am liking how my computer is working, although it is a little slow at times.

Revo Uninstaller did not work for me, although I am not sure I ran it correctly. I got an error that some file was missing and then there was one part of it that looked like it was going to delete A LOT of files which I did not necessarily recognize, and I was worried that something else would get screwed up, so skipped that step.

I am thinking the old money and Dragon programs that I want to get rid of got goofed up when I did that restore after I had already uninstalled them?

Another issue has also come to light, that I believe the malware attacked, that I did that realize before.,..... My rear microphone no longer works. When I go to set up Speech in Control Panel I get :
"The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device."

And when I go to set up my Sigma Tell Audio, the test hardware does not pick up any incoming audio from the microphone.

Could I just download the Sigma Tell Audio driver from Dell and reinstall it? Would that ruin anything else?

descriptionAutomatic Update Virus, and then some... - Page 4 EmptyRe: Automatic Update Virus, and then some...

more_horiz
Could I just download the Sigma Tell Audio driver from Dell and reinstall it? Would that ruin anything else?

Yes, give that a try and let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
Hi,

I have had a busy new year and am finally getting back to my computer issues after a month.

Actually, I haven't had to get back, because I am very satisfied with the fixes you gave me!. However, I am still having one major issue that I think developed during our fixes, my rear microphone is not working.

I could not find the proper driver to reinstall on the Dell website, so I did not do the step mentioned in the previous 2 posts. I really need the mic to work because it connects to my modem which I use to connect to my land line telephone.

Are there any backup files on my computer that I could use to restore the microphone
Got any suggestions?

Got any suggestions?

more_horiz
Hi,

I have had a busy new year and am finally getting back to my computer issues after a month.

Actually, I haven't had to get back, because I am very satisfied with the fixes you gave me!. However, I am still having one major issue that I think developed during our fixes, my rear microphone is not working.

I could not find the proper driver to reinstall on the Dell website, so I did not do the step mentioned in the previous 2 posts. I really need the mic to work because it connects to my modem which I use to connect to my land line telephone.

Are there any backup files on my computer that I could use to restore the microphone?

more_horiz
It's been awhile, lets make sure nothing snook back in.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

more_horiz
Thanks for your help again! Looks like I'm still running a clean system!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3710
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

2/8/2010 6:07:03 PM
mbam-log-2010-02-08 (18-07-03).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 136386
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

more_horiz
Hello.
Not sure what I can do about the microphone issue, you can try opening a topic in our hardware section and see if anyone has an answer for this.

more_horiz
Okay, will do!

Thanks again for all the help with my virus infections of the past!

I am going to donate to you guys!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum