roksa36
echo
mmheaney
John Hollingsworth
Christopher Lorge
desmama3
Doctor Inferno
11 posters

descriptionRemove Personal Security [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Personal Security [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
I was able to quickly remove: I opened the computer in safe mode (F9 before the microsoft logo comes up), then went to C: drive and "uninstall" the Personal Sec part. I also had to scan through and make sure all exec files associated with the malware were deleted. After that I added the full Norton 360 pacakage to her mini, instead of the trial version that came already installed.
Thanks for the help.

descriptionRemove Personal Security [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Personal Security [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
My girlfriend accidentally downloaded Personal Security. It wouldn't ket us into GeekPolice.net. The easy solution was I downloaded the file on my laptop, then I used a jump drive and put it on her laptop. Then I rebooted in safe mode and followed the directions. Worked like a charm.

more_horiz
Thank You!

more_horiz
I have just tried to remove Personal Security used Malware in safe mode, and despite isolating and supposedly removing the offending files after running a scan, as soon as I restart the computer the Personal Security is still there.

Any suggestions? It is frustrating me beyond belief....

more_horiz
noddie73 wrote:
I have just tried to remove Personal Security used Malware in safe mode, and despite isolating and supposedly removing the offending files after running a scan, as soon as I restart the computer the Personal Security is still there.

Any suggestions? It is frustrating me beyond belief....

Please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help and a Tech staff will help look into the problem.

more_horiz
I'm in the same boat. Before the scan opens my shows at error code 732(12007,0). Does anyone know what that effects?
It does open and complete the scan but it doesn't remove the Personal secuirty malware.

more_horiz
Thank you very much for the removal solution, so far so good.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum