WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Help

4 posters

descriptionHelp EmptyHelp

more_horiz
I am trying to help a friend with his desk top computer. The computer wont go past the bios screen but I can get into the setup utility, He has a lot of work related information on this computer and is horrible about backing things up. Can this problem be fȋxed and his information saved????

descriptionHelp EmptyRe: Help

more_horiz
Hi,
Did your friend had that problem before and how it happen ? Did computer lost electrical power or something else ?

more_horiz
No He just tried to boot it up this morning and it wouldn't go past bios screen. I actually got it to the desktop finally and noticed safety center is installed and probably causing these problems. I have tried to get malibytes anti malware installed but no luck so far. It gives me all kinds of errors and pop ups.

more_horiz
Ok,
lets try with reset BIOS first.

• Shutdown your PC, unplug all cables from power.
  • Open it and find little battery on your Motherboard.
  • Help Remove10
  • Please, be careful with motherboard.
  • Remove the battery with your fingers.
  • Leave computer for 2 minutes without battery and put it inside motherboard again.
  • Plug your cables and turn On PC.
Let me know if problem gone.

more_horiz
by doing this will he lose any files or information.

more_horiz
No, we only reset BIOS settings.

more_horiz
Ok I did that with the battery, booted up and got to the desktop although its taking forever to load and is giving me an error saying: the application or DLL c:windows\system32\calc.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation. So I clicked ok and it gives me : error loading c:windows\system32\calc.dll % 1 is not a valid win32 application.

more_horiz
Hi,
your problem is caused by malware on your computer.

%sysdir%\calc.dll is harmful program.

If you get to desktop, please hold ALT+CTRL+DEL ,that will open Task Manager , click on Process tab and find S_loader.exe , click on it than on End Now button.

Now, please read THIS post, and open new topic in Virus,Spyware & Malware Removal category with your HijackThis log file.

more_horiz
I went through the list of the processes on task manager and could not find s_loader.exe.

more_horiz
Ok, go to next step and do a HijackThis scan.

Now, please read THIS post, and open new topic in Virus,Spyware & Malware Removal category with your HijackThis log file.

more_horiz
How do I do that when it wont open internet explorer and let me download hijack this?

more_horiz
Can you download to your computer, and transfer with USB stick. It's important to remove this malicious software.

more_horiz
I have put the installation for hijack on my desktop but i cant get through the scan and save log. It keeps freezing up

more_horiz
Hello,

Open a new topic in the malware removal forum. The techs will help you from there. The malware is blocking your from running HijackThis.

more_horiz
cd/dvd rom will not recgonize a cd or a dvd

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum