WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

HijackThis Logfile (Windows System Defender)

2 posters

descriptionHijackThis Logfile (Windows System Defender) - Page 2 EmptyRe: HijackThis Logfile (Windows System Defender)

more_horiz
Do you have internet access now?

descriptionHijackThis Logfile (Windows System Defender) - Page 2 EmptyRe: HijackThis Logfile (Windows System Defender)

more_horiz
No, I still don't have inernet access. Internet Explorer will actually run, now, but my compter isn't connecting to the internet. When I click on connect or disconnect, it says "connected with limited access." I tried disconnecting and connecting, again, and I tried restarting my computer. Neither one seemed to work.

more_horiz
So I just went on my computer to try again with the internet. I went to the Connect to a Network thing, and it still says Connected with limited access. I right-clicked and chose Diagnose. A window popped up that says:
The network adapter "Wireless Network Connection" is not properly configured to use the IP protocol

And there are two different things for me to click on:
(1) The network adapter "Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. Click here for information.
(2) Make sure your Internet Protocol Bindings are correct. Ensure that "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" are Selected in the configuration for the network adapter "Wireless Network Connection". Click here to open the adapter's configuration settings.

I wanted to try to figure this out by myself, but I have no idea what it is talking about.

more_horiz
Okay, I've been going back to my computer whenever I have free time, thinking maybe this is something really simple, and I can figure it out on my own. I didn't fix anything, but I thought I should let you know what I already tried.
I figured out what number (2) was talking about, and I checked it out to make sure those things were checked, which they were. Then it gave me a box with something to click on once I was done checking them out, so I tried going on the internet again. It still didn't work, so I clicked "Diagnose Connection Problems." It gave me the same message as the one in my previous post, except this time it said NVIDIA wasn't working, instead of Broadcom. I went to my Device Manager and under NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - WinpkFilter, it said:
Windows cannot start this hardware device becasue its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click 'Check for Solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

It also said this on the Broadcom one. When I clicked on Check for Solutions, a box popped up that said:
Could not load driver software
Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes...

I did this for both drivers. Nothing really happened, and the message disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I also checked for driver updates, and there weren't any for either one of them. Then I disbaled and enabled both of them and tried restarting my computer just for fun.

more_horiz
Ok. Do you have the drivers for both of those devices?

more_horiz
Not sure what you mean by that

more_horiz
They're both listed in my device manager with little exclamation points on them. Also, I noticed that there are three others that say the same thing. They are:
WAN Miniport (IP) - WinpkFilter Miniport
WAN Miniport (IPv6) - WinpkFilter Miniport
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) - WinpkFilter Miniport

Also, there are two others that don't have the exclamation points on them. They're the Broadcom and NVIDIA ones like from before, except the don't have "- WinpkFilter Miniport" at the end of their names.

more_horiz
Usually a disc is included with your computer, that might say Drivers and Utilities. Do you have that or not sure?

more_horiz
I've had my computer for about two years, so if I do, I would have no idea where it is. I went on the HP website, and chatted with a support tech. He sent me the downloads for the NVIDIA and Broadcom drivers, and I saved them to a disk so I could transfer them to my computer and install them. After I installed them, however, my computer still wouldn't connect to the internet. He told me that the only option he had left for me was to do a system recovery. I really don't want to have to do that, becasue it will take me forever to back up all of my files. Do you have any other ideas, or is this pretty much my only option?

more_horiz
Please re-run ComboFix and post a new log. Make sure the computer reboots again, to see if the connection will restore.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum