GeekPolice Tech TutorialsLog in

descriptionNeed XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode.

more_horiz
Okay I am using my mom's computer because I cannot boot mine.. The other night Avira alerted me to a virus, I ran a scan, deleted the virus and restarted the computer. Upon restart I received the BSOD. I tried safe mode and it runs a bunch of commands and then stops. Nothing more. I tried going into recovery console but don't know what command to type in. It says drive C and press enter to exit recovery console. Can this machine be saved???? Please help?

Mike

descriptionRe: Need XP help, won't reboot in normal or safe mode.

more_horiz
One other thing to ad. Ive been on the phone with microsoft pretty much all day and boy do they suck. From what little service I did recieve from them I mentioned to the rep that in the bsod I get a stop error message. I wrote it down and read it to him and he said it has to do with damaged ram. Could it be that this virus corrupted my memory?

more_horiz
well do you have your own xp install cd AND your pruduct key? a cd burner on your moms pc and a 700 mb cd?

Last edited by xald on 30th October 2009, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing info)

more_horiz
also i thnk i know why it wont boot i had the same problem the anti virus may have detected a trojan in shell32.dll or msgina.dll and then deleted the file not the virus i had no clue what the heck had happened so i should prabably be able to help

Seth

more_horiz
Please read this over and click here to open a new topic.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum