WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

axel dav

3 posters

descriptionaxel dav Emptyaxel dav

more_horiz
I'm posting this using my laptop / my PC is infected with the "axel dav" one of the problems this creates is it blocks me from getting on line. Is there anything that can be done without being on line to help me with this axel dav infection. I can receive instruction by way of my laptop and then perform action instructions on the PC ? Is that even a option ? I Googled "axel Dav" and I was shocked at the number of posts from people seeking help. My PC is a HP, I contacted HP and I was surprised to hear that they had not heard of "Axel Dav"
Another important point is, according to Google, This "axel dav" only affects HP computers?
There is some speculation on the net that it is "IN" HP software ? My PC is 4 years old and this just popped up one day when I booted up, I got a dialogue box saying " cannot open axel dav" I had never seen that before ! after it booted I could not get on line. First thing I did was call my ISP, they said there was no problem on their end. Then I Googled "axel dav"
and found I was infected with a pretty serious virus. any help greatly appreciated !!

Thanks

Jack Hall "redapache"

descriptionaxel dav EmptyRe: axel dav

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix axel dav Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

axel dav Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
axel dav RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

I would also like to see a list of installed programs, so please do this:
Click Start > Run then copy/paste the following single-line command into the Run box and click OK:

C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txt

In your next reply, please include the ComboFix log and the Add-Remove Programs log.

more_horiz
I assume you want me to download this to my laptop, since I cannot get online with my desktop. Then I assume I save it to a disk and transfer it to the desktop ?

SIDE NOTE when I registered I put the operating system of my laptop, The infected HP is running XP ! Got confusing registering one and the problem is with a diffeerent one !

I really appreciate this !!!!!!

more_horiz
I recommend to transfer it, yes! Smile...

That is fine, I understand it is HP, and will also see that in a log. 😉

more_horiz
I will start on this in the morning !

more_horiz
I just attempted to download "combo fix" to my laptop I got a error message saying that "some of the files are corrupt, download a fresh copy"

more_horiz
update !! My neighbor was able to download and rename ComboFix for me.
He didn't get the "corrupt files" warning ?? This laptop is running Vista, maybe that has something to do with the warning? My neighbor is running XP and he was able to download the program with no problem ????

I will start this process within the next 30 minutes !!

Jack

more_horiz
I have gotten as far as getting combofix dopwnloaded and made it to the point that I needed to download the Microsoft Windows Recovery console.

Now I'm at a road block the axel.dav prevents me from getting on line.

Now what ? is there some way to download the recovery console onto this laptop and transfer it to the infected computer ?

Thanks

Jack

more_horiz
can you provide me with direction to download the recovery console to a flashdrive on this laptop that I can then install on the infected computer?

Thanks

more_horiz
Go ahead and run ComboFix without the recovery console.

more_horiz
OK Combofix has completed the log, looks like hundreds of files ? How do I get this to you now ?

more_horiz
You may have to use separate posts.

Do not post what is under the following categories:
Snapshot
SigCheck

(Just simply remove the info directly under the category header, etc.)

more_horiz
ok got that how do I send it to you the infected pc cannot get online ?

I have a borrowed flash drive but I don't know how to get the files onto it ?

more_horiz
THERE SHOULD be C:\Combo-Fix.txt or someone like it.

more_horiz
I could not find the categories snapshot or sigcheck anywhere in the list ?

C:\Combo-Fix.txt I enter this on the infected computer ?

Where will this log file go while I'm doing that ?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum