WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDVD-RW Drive E will not Eject EmptyDVD-RW Drive E will not Eject

more_horiz
I was wondering if I have a conflict with another program. My DVD-RW Drive E will not open by pressing the button on the computer for a long time mow, and will not open if i go to "my computer" and click on eject. I'm not sure what's going on with this. My other drive ejects fine. The only way I can open the drive is to use Nero and ejecting the disk using this program. But even this doesn't work 100% all the time. I was wondering if you can check for a conflict with my programs, or How I can reslove this issue.

Thanks in advance...

descriptionDVD-RW Drive E will not Eject EmptyRe: DVD-RW Drive E will not Eject

more_horiz
You may have a faulty button on your DVD drive. That is nothing big, as a local computer repair shop can fix that.

However, the reason why only Nero can eject the drive, is because it does not press the button, it just activates the file necessary to open the drive.

more_horiz
Is there a way to verify i do not have a software conflict with my driver. When i go to "my COmputer" and hit the eject icon, the drive will not open; and it only opens sometimes with Nero... is this a driver problem than?

more_horiz
I will take a closer look.

Please download the latest version of Kaspersky GetSystemInfo (GSI) from Kaspersky.fr and save it to your Desktop.
  • Please close all other applications running on your system.
  • Please double click GetSystemInfo.exe to open it.
  • Click the Settings button.
  • Set it to Maximum
  • IMPORTANT! Then please click Customize - choose Driver / Ports tab and
  • Uncheck Scan Ports.
  • Click Create Report to run it.
  • It will create a zip folder called GetSystemInfo_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip on your Desktop. Please upload the folder to Kaspersky GSI Parser and click the Submit button.

Please copy and paste the url of the GSI Parser report (not the log) in your next reply.

more_horiz
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=44348fbe666e16e4ad7b1315cf83f881&ms=0

more_horiz
Please read this over and click here to open a new topic in the malware forum. As I was looking at the Kaspersky GSI, I noticed a rootkit. Which may be the reason why your DVD drive button is not functioning.

Once you open the new topic, please copy (select all of the URL and right-click and select Copy) the URL that is in the address bar of this topic, and paste (right-click and select paste) it in the new topic in the malware forum.

more_horiz
Done...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum