WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTotal Security infection EmptyTotal Security infection

more_horiz
My computer has just been attacked by 'Total Security' & nothing I've tried thusfar has helped. I've downloaded first Malwarebytes & later Spybot in an attempt to remove but neither has been able to be run. When I click on the desktop icon for either NOTHING happens!
I've read where Total Security has code that prevents spyware removal software from running -- if that's true it looks to happening to me --- any ideas?
I'm running Windows XP

descriptionTotal Security infection EmptyRe: Total Security infection

more_horiz
Hi

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Note: If you are having difficulty properly disabling your protective
    programs, or are unsure as to what programs need to be disabled, please refer to the information available through this link : Protective Programs
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Total Security infection RcAuto1

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Total Security infection Whatnext

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

more_horiz
Thanks for your reply to my problem.

However, I've tried all day long to download ComboFix and keep getting stuck during installation. It goes well until a popup appears that states "you cannot rename ComboFix as ComboFix <1>"
It has a an 'OK' box that I click and the process comes to a grinding halt each time.

I'm not aware of anything I'm doing to rename ComboFix -- any idea where to go from here? thanks again

more_horiz
Hi

Please reboot to Safe Mode with Networking (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode with Networking option from the menu).

Please download ComboFix and do the above process.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum