WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAdd Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more EmptyAdd Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more

more_horiz
I've contracted a few viruses, long and short, AVG caught them, supposedly removed them. Off the top they were msa.exe/a.exe/b.exe and some trojans(see screenshot below)
Add Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more Untitled1-4
After removing them, Firefox when going near ANYTHING anti-virus/spyware/etc closes itself out. AVG upon booting, highlighting the mouse over the tray icon? Same thing. Uninstalled AVG, went and got a host of other AVs, transferred off my working PC to problem PC. Won't allow HiJackThis, McAfee, or anything else to install. Still kills out ANY program trying to apparently rid it. Scans from AVG/Malware Bytes/etc picked up nothing in safe mode before it started disengaging THEM. Now nȯne of them will start up, instant KILL!

I've beaten a couple of these myself without help, but, this one has me stumped. I'm almost considering burning all my data onto a DVD and wiping the drive clean. Problem is, radioshack where i bought the pc DID NOT give any Dell disks with it. So, a new OS would have to be obtained illegally more or less, activated with my legit code.

Can someone assist me?

descriptionAdd Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more EmptyRe: Add Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more

more_horiz
XP Pro SP3 is my current OS.

Downloaded right now I've got Adaware(which WILL run safe or reg. mode, but finds nothing)/AShampoo/MalwareBytes/ASquared(which i just started/scanned with, found nothing)/GMer/SpyBot Destroy(found a few things, no trojans like in the screenshot)/Avast(refuses to let install)/HiJackThis(refuses to let install)/McAfee(refuses install)

descriptionAdd Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more EmptyRe: Add Another To The Pile! Screenshot of viruses & more

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

more_horiz
Belazhur - i solved it the long way, unlike a lot of people i'll let you know the issues fȋxed, some people get what they need and dont let nobody know ANYTHING, ever reply again, let alone say thanks.

I just got this computer, caught those viruses, and didnt have much on there, so what i did was got all the stuff i had off, just completely wiped the drive and reinstalled XP fresh. Got tired of playing around with it. So, i just wanted to let you know so you didnt keep tabs on the thread, freeing you up to help someone who doesn't have the same know-how or ability to do what i did to get rid of it. Not the A #1 way to go if you have a pc full of files and important stuff, but it got it done.

Thank you for your response and your time in looking at my thread/problem. I DO appreciate it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum