WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service EmptyAVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service

more_horiz
The feature-rich versions of popular security program AVG have been updated, with AVG Technologies claiming faster scan times, faster boot times, and other under-the-hood improvements. While version 8 introduced a consolidated product line, making those features work better together takes the attention of AVG Internet Security 9 and AVG Anti-Virus 9.

AVG is making some bold claims for these updates. The company is touting scan times that are "up to 50 percent" faster, based on marking files safe until their file structure changes, and boot times that are "10 to 15 percent" faster. Memory usage is also expected to be "10 to 15 percent" better, as well. The built-in firewall, available only in the Internet Security version, uses a new database for automatically determining if certain programs are safe to access the Internet without user input. This trusted database, called TrustedDB by AVG, should be less intrusive by querying for user input 50 percent less often than in the previous version, says AVG. Also, the installation process has been shortened from 22 screens to 11.

More: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10366727-12.html

descriptionAVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service EmptyRe: AVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service

more_horiz
I still have my doubts, but I'll be willing to test run this when they release it. Indifferent or Blank

descriptionAVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service EmptyRe: AVG 9: Faster scans, ID protection service

more_horiz
I'll stick to my Kaspersky. (Gunsmoke)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum