WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Blue screen of death.... sort of

3 posters

descriptionBlue screen of death.... sort of - Page 8 EmptyRe: Blue screen of death.... sort of

more_horiz
Sorry Ive been out of touch. Blew my motor in my truck so I took some time off to fix it. I dont know if it makes any difference, but i can access my windows files thru ubuntu, as long as the ubuntu disc is in. Can we fix anything this way or should i just save the things I want then proceed with the killdisk download?

descriptionBlue screen of death.... sort of - Page 8 EmptyRe: Blue screen of death.... sort of

more_horiz
Is this thing on? LOL Banner

more_horiz
Please save those, and proceed with KillDisk.

more_horiz
I have the kill disk installed on a flash drive and Im ready to proceed

more_horiz
I am sorry. I am missing the flash drive instructions I had. Let me think

OK.

1. Download Bootable ISO Image of Active@ KillDisk to burn CD.
  2. This downloads an ISO IMAGE (not a regular file) that needs to be burned to the CD AS AN IMAGE (not as an added file).
  3. Use the following ISO burner: http://software.lsoft.net/IsoBurner-Setup.exe

more_horiz
Okay. I have the disc made. Whats next?

more_horiz
Please follow this tutorial to ERASE-ALL-DATA: http://www.killdisk.com/erasedata.htm

==

Then, afterward try to install Windows XP full, once again.

==

If you have any issues with this process, please ask.

more_horiz
Okay i'll give it a shot. Thanks!!

more_horiz
After using kiilldisc i tried twice to reinstall windows. It loads up but looks like its always in safe mode. When I adjust properties etc it does not make things smaller. Also it cannot find my internet connection, and I have no sound. I am currently using ubuntu again. I installed it but get the same grub error as before so im running it from the boot disc. I am very confused at this point.

more_horiz
Windows did reinstall?

If so, device drivers will have to be obtained for some drivers.

more_horiz
Yes windows did install. But I cannot get on te internet in windows. It says i have no internet connection or something to that effect. Thats why I'm using ubuntu. It still connects, though i have to run it with the disc in.

more_horiz
I reinstalled windows yet again. i can access the internet now but all the icons tool bars etc are still way too big. I cannot seem to adjust my screen resolution, and trying properties changes nothing. Any suggestions?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum