WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Blue screen of death.... sort of

3 posters

descriptionBlue screen of death.... sort of - Page 8 EmptyRe: Blue screen of death.... sort of

more_horiz
Yes I can, but I haven't let it run because I'm unsure what to do.

descriptionBlue screen of death.... sort of - Page 8 EmptyRe: Blue screen of death.... sort of

more_horiz
Here is the Microsoft tutorial: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941

more_horiz
Thanks! I'll try it when i get home.

more_horiz
I tried to use the windows disc but it locks up when it gets to the place where it asks you to install, recovery panel ,or exit. Also when I try to boot with anything other than the ubuntu disc i get this message

GRUB loading
error: no such partition
grub rescue>
It is asking for a cmmand I assume but I dont know what to do.

more_horiz
It does not give you this option:

Blue screen of death.... sort of - Page 8 Bootmenu

Windows listed at the bottom?

more_horiz
I don't see anything listed in your post. just a red x.

more_horiz
No it doesnt give me that option. The only way ubuntu will boot at all is with the disc in the machine.

more_horiz
Windows boots with the disc in but locks up when it gets to the part where it asks to load windows use repair console or exit.

more_horiz
It is time to do a hard drive erase, which will get rid of everything, unfortunately: Download Bootable Disk Creator for DOS version of KillDisk (Free) (USB Flash & Floppy)

Works on a floppy disk and flash drive. Let me know when you have this ready. Then, we can continue with the operation.

==

Right now, it seems the blue screen of death is about hardware corruption, in which case the setup for Windows will fail, because some hardware on your computer may no longer function. If that is the case, I have a diagnostics kit that I know of that can be used to figure out what hardware is plaguing the setup of Windows.

more_horiz
I will bring a flash drive with me to work tomorrow and get the download. Then i will report back when i have it. Thanks!

more_horiz
Sorry Ive been out of touch. Blew my motor in my truck so I took some time off to fix it. I dont know if it makes any difference, but i can access my windows files thru ubuntu, as long as the ubuntu disc is in. Can we fix anything this way or should i just save the things I want then proceed with the killdisk download?

more_horiz
Is this thing on? LOL Banner

more_horiz
Please save those, and proceed with KillDisk.

more_horiz
I have the kill disk installed on a flash drive and Im ready to proceed

more_horiz
I am sorry. I am missing the flash drive instructions I had. Let me think

OK.

1. Download Bootable ISO Image of Active@ KillDisk to burn CD.
  2. This downloads an ISO IMAGE (not a regular file) that needs to be burned to the CD AS AN IMAGE (not as an added file).
  3. Use the following ISO burner: http://software.lsoft.net/IsoBurner-Setup.exe

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum