WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolved0xc0190036 error after installing sp1 for win vista

more_horiz
After installing service pack 1 to windows vista i got the following message on a black screen:
"!! 0xc0190036 5312/91342 (infocard.exe) and after rebooting i either get the choice to try to try and start windows normally which leads me to the same message (after having gone through bunch of files that seems fine) or i can choose to boot with a repair-tool which leads me to a window over a blue background - Startup repair, which fails to solve the problem. I've tried to solve the issue with the help of this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975430/sv but it doesnt work;
Method 1 - system restore doesnt find a restore point (i thought this was done automatically and regulary?!)
Method 2 - Startup repair just doesnt work
Method 3 - Renaming the file, problem is i cant find the file in the system32-folder (nor in system-folder or windows-folder. There is however, in the system32-folder, these 2 files; infocardapi.dll and infocardcpl.cpl if that means someting)..
If i had the windows install-cd i guess i could reinstall vista, but i dont have it (due to the brilliant idea that the install-cd doesnt come with the computerany longer, you need to burn your own cd which the owner of the computer hasnt done). I do have an option which says "Restore Application - WinRE Recovery Manager 32 bits" but i dare not use it cuz i dont know what it is. Should I? Or does anyone have any other idea? Dont wanna loose any files either.

Marcus

descriptionSolvedRe: 0xc0190036 error after installing sp1 for win vista

more_horiz
Hello,

You should most probably have your recovery partition right? What is the brand of the PC you are using?

more_horiz
It is a HP G5000.
Luckily I've managed to solve the problem. infocard.exe was not located in the system32-folder ass suggested by the microsoft-site but in the following folder:
c:\\windows\microsoft.net\framwork\v3.0\windows communication foundation
I renamed infocard.exe to infocard.exe.bak and now it works.
Thanks for your time anyway Doctor Inferno.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum