WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedMicrosoft Content Advisor

more_horiz
How can I reset the password for the Content Advisor? I do not ever remember setting one but, regardless, whenever a link uses Explorer, the Advisor will not allow the page to be displayed. I know it isn't the computer logon password because I've tried that. I have changed that password on occasion. Thanks for any help.

descriptionSolvedRe: Microsoft Content Advisor

more_horiz
Hello,

Start >> Run >> type in regedit >> OK. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version and Policies.

Select the Ratings folder and delete the icon named Key on the right hand side. Restart your PC and run Internet Explorer >> Go to View >> Tools >> Internet Options >> Content tab >> Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything and click Ok. This will disable Content Advisor.

There are much better browsers out there than IE, there's Firefox or Chrome for example which is much faster and secure.

more_horiz
Thank you for the info. My default browser is Mozilla Firefox but for some reason some of the links on my daughter's school website take us to Explorer. After I disable the content advisor, can I then re-enable it and set another password? I want to maintain some sort of internet control with the kids (unless you have a better suggestion like a separate logon or something to that affect). Sorry if this is elementary but most every problem I have is that way for you guys. Keep up the great work. I know you are helping a lot of people.

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm not sure if the problem will pop up again if you re-enable it. But if it does simply repeat the steps above.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum