WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

rundll32.exe missing

2 posters

descriptionrundll32.exe missing - Page 2 EmptyRe: rundll32.exe missing

more_horiz
Hi

This tutorial should help well: http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml

Let me know the result, please. I got more solutions if this does not work. Smile...

more_horiz
Nope, none of those upper or lower filters were in my
Registry area, however I did note there were 2 places in the registry that had that 4D36E.... location, and they were a little different, but didnt seem to be showing problems. I'm still thinking maybe I should restore back.

What other magic do you have up your sleeves??

more_horiz
Hi

If you would like to Restore back, please go ahead. I think it would be the best idea at this point.

If you do, then please do the following: Please re-open Malwarebytes, click the Update tab, and click Check for Updates. Then, click the Scanner tab, select Perform Quick Scan, and press Scan. Post the log in your next reply.

more_horiz
Sorry about the delay, had a few interruptions. Actually I havent restored back in years and I forget a few concepts. Lets say I go back a week, Will I lose all files created or downloaded in that time.... and if so, how can I save them without a data burner.? I do have another hard drive with some space on this pc, but wont it be rolled back also? Can I put them in a folder that can be designated as off limits?

more_horiz
ok, I found my own answers to the last post and I tried to restore back 2 days, but was told no changes had been made to my pc in that time.... pick another date, so I went back a week then a month then 2.5 months with the same result each time. During this period I have updated windows and IE several times, removed viruses and deleted/added very large applications or new versions like Java, ccleaner etc... how could it be that no changes were made to my registry !!!! what am I missing here, it is starting to feel like twilight zone.

more_horiz
Hi

This is kind of lengthy, so please read carefully.

1. Uninstall any programs that use your CD/DVD drive, (like iTunes, Nero, IMGBurn, Roxio, etc.), as these will get in the way while we are fixing.
2. Please download and run this tool: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646979 then download and run this tool: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645377
3. Restart your computer.
4. Does the drive work? If so, reinstall those programs uninstalled earlier.

==

After spending over an hour trying to find the best solution, the above looks like it is the only one left.

Otherwise, we will have hit a dead end.

more_horiz
I had already uninstalled all the burner software, so I ran the first one, fixit50198, and it finished successfully. I ran the second one, but it said no changes made because my computer settings already matched the fixit pgm. I restarted and now the dvd works, thanks for your help with that. My pc is still very slow and I'm hesitant to try anything to improve it for fear of corrupting something again. Is there anything useful to improve a slow pc that is safe, or do I have to live with it. ??

more_horiz
Yay! Hooray!

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
    Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
    Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Does this help?

more_horiz
It did clean up about 400M, but the pc seems a bit slower sometimes. I noticed my main hard drive is now at 12% free rather than %15. Should I keep all those executables? or is it safe to delete some.? What is a good pgm to create disk backups from hi-res photos.? I use about 1000M of RAM, do I need more?
Sorry to be so scattered, just trying to work things out.

Thanks for all your help, you and your staff rock
gg66

more_horiz
Actually, since your free space is so low, it is highly important to defragment the drive once a day to every 2 days, depending on how often used. That will keep your hard drive running smooth.

I recommend to use Defraggler, by Piriform. See if you can do some good work with it:

Please download Defraggler from Piriform.com, and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click to install, and follow prompts, until Finish.
  • Then, start the program, and click the Analyze button towards the bottom left.
  • Then, click the File list tab in the middle of the screen, or click on the View Files button.
  • Select all of the checkboxes, by clicking the empty white box to the left of the Filename tab label.
  • Lastly, click Defrag Checked.

This should finish quickly, depending on the amount of fragmentation. For most drives, it takes 10 minutes for 20% fragmentation. Do this for all drives you have to keep them healthy.

If you would like to run the program on a schedule, please do the following:
  • Click the Settings menu tab, then click Options.
  • While in the options window, click the Schedule tab.
  • Select the drive you wish to scan often, then select the checkbox [ ]Schedule defragmentation for chosen volume.
  • Choose the schedule, then click OK.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum