WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

desktop, admin rights, antivirus crashes while loading

3 posters

descriptiondesktop, admin rights, antivirus crashes while loading - Page 2 EmptyRe: desktop, admin rights, antivirus crashes while loading

more_horiz
yes

all i did was copy it to the folder you said.

i still have a copy in the desktop.

descriptiondesktop, admin rights, antivirus crashes while loading - Page 2 EmptyRe: desktop, admin rights, antivirus crashes while loading

more_horiz
Hi

Hooray! Your computer is clean!
Delete the eventlog.dll on your Desktop.
==

Please read the following information that I have provided, which will help you prevent malicious software in the future. Please keep in mind, malware is a continuous danger on the Internet. It is highly important to stay safe while browsing, to prevent re-infection.

Software recommendations

Firewall

• Tallemu Online Armor: the free version is just as good as the premium. I have linked you to the free version.
  • Comodo Firewall: the free version is just as good as the premium. I have linked you to the free version. The optional security suite enhances the firewall by 40% increase. If you would like to install the suite that includes antivirus, then remove your old antivirus first.
  • PC Tools Firewall Plus: free and excellent firewall.

AntiSpyware

• SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster is a program that prevents spyware from installing on your computer. A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster may be found here.
  • Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Spybot - Search & Destroy is a spyware and adware removal program. It also has realtime protection, TeaTimer to help safeguard your computer against spyware. (The link for Spybot - Search & Destroy contains a tutorial that will help you download, install, and begin using Spybot).

NOTE: Please keep ALL of these programs up-to-date and run them whenever you suspect a problem to prevent malware problems.

Resident Protection help
A number of programs have resident protection and it is a good idea to run the resident protection of one of each type of program to maintain protection. However, it is important to run only one resident program of each type since they can conflict and become less effective. That means only one antivirus, firewall, and scanning anti-spyware program at a time. Passive protectors such as SpywareBlaster can be run with any of them.

Rogue programs help
There are a lot of rogue programs out there that want to scare you into giving them your money and some malware actually claims to be security programs. If you get a popup for a security program that you did not install yourself, do NOT click on it and ask for help immediately. It is very important to run an antivirus and firewall, but you can't always rely on reviews and ads for information. Ask in a security forum that you trust if you are not sure. If you are unsure and looking for anti-spyware programs, you can find out if it is a rogue here:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Securing your computer

• Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • hpHosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. This prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1, which is your local computer's loopback address, meaning it will be difficult to infect your computer in the future.

Please consider using an alternate browser
Mozilla's Firefox browser is a very good alternative. In addition to being generally more secure than Internet Explorer, it has a very good built-in popup blocker and add-ons, like NoScript, can make it even more secure. Opera is another good option.

If you are interested:

more_horiz
but i still dont have my desktop, start menu, or admin rights

and i cant right click on the desktop.
i only have access to the task manager. i thought i told you in my very first post.

everything ive done so far has been through the task manger.

and really thank you very much for your help so far. Thank You!

more_horiz
Hi

Please see the following article to restore security settings to their defaults, which will help admin rights to be regained.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

In the middle of the page, download "Microsoft Fix It"

Then, post back here with the results. Do you have admin rights?

==

TrendMicro™️ HouseCall Java Scan

• Please go HERE to run the Trend Micro™️ HouseCall Scan.
  • Click Scan now. It's free!
  • Read and put a Check next to Yes I accept the terms of use.
  • Click the Launching HouseCall>> button.
  • If confirmed that HouseCall can run on your system, under Using Java-based HouseCall kernel click the Starting HouseCall>> button.
  • You may receive a Security Warning about the TrendMicro Java applet, click YES.
  • Under Scan complete computer for malware, grayware, and vulnerabilities click the Next>> button.
  • Please be patient while it installs, updates, and scans your system.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will take you to the summary page.
  • Under Cleanup options, choose clean all detected infections automatically.
  • Click the Clean now>> button.
  • If anything was found you may be prompted to run the scan again, you can just close the browser window.

Please tell me of any results from that. Also, if any of the problems with crashing have been solved.

more_horiz
Microsoft Fix It is processing and restoring at a real slow rate, this will probably take a while

more_horiz
YESSSSS!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! WOOT!!!!Cheesy Grin (sparkly Hooray! Awesome (sparkly)

you are awesome!!!!!Thank You!

my desktop is back, and so are my admin rights.

i am now going to run TrendMicro

more_horiz
everything runs real smoth, no problems at all, except for when i run trendmicro

once its a little bit more than 3/4 complete it freezes and stops scanning, it has a timer of how much longer till scan is complete and it stops when it freezes so im not running that again. i tried it 3 times.

more_horiz
Hi

How is the antivirus working? Does it crash?

Do you confirm the admin rights, and Desktop crashes have been fixed?

==

To remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created, please do the following:
Please download OTC.exe by OldTimer:

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTC.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

Note: If any tool, file or folder (belonging to the program we have used) hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually. It should delete SystemLook, Win32kDiag, ComboFix, and The Avenger.

more_horiz
everything works, thanks

but i dont have a anti virus
i only have malwarebyte, and pc tools firewall plus

is there a antivirus you recommend?

more_horiz
Hi

AVG: http://free.avg.com
avast!: http://www.avast.com
Avira Antivir: http://www.free-av.com

All my other recommendations for other types of software were listed in an earlier post. (I see you have PC Tools Firewall Plus Smile... )

more_horiz
Since this issue appears to be solved, this topic is now closed and being marked solved.

If you need the topic reopened, PM an administrator, moderator, or staff.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum