WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionResident Evil 5 Review EmptyResident Evil 5 Review

more_horiz
Whatever system you get this great game for, it is worth it, it doesn't differ between xbox and PS3, only that the button tapping cutscenes are different (different controls duh!)
From start to finish this game had me captivated, the graphics were amazing on both normal and HD TV's. I prefer to play this game in co-op, because i do not really trust the computer to control Sheva, as she has many bits where she gets seperated from you, Chris Redfield. But the co-operation needed to complete this game is staggering, you cannot run ahead, you cannot fall behind.
The resident evil games have definately changed, as it isn't really zombies you face anymore, rather mutated creatures, ranging from dogs and humans all the way to giant man eating spiders. The herb system has carried over from number 4, except it excludes yellow herbs, so for a full heal, you only need to combine red and green. The weapons and upgrades in this game are staggering. It may be difficult at first, scouring for ammo whereever you can find it. But after your first playthrough, (yes, this game has a LOT of replayability value) you unlock a feature which makes the game a lot more enjoyable if you started on amateur and want to test yourself as a veteran. Yes, i am referring to infinite ammo, where you must upgrade a gun to max, maxing out various qualities such as reload times and power. Then, under the Bonus features menu, you can go right to the bottom where the locked items will say: Fully upgrade S75 rifle
Complete all chapters to unlock. (thats an example of the S75 sniper rifle, although not worth spending your points on, it may be for those seeking challenge through bolt action.
These 'points' are acquired through getting certain ranks through the chapters, with an S rank on amateur getting you 1'000 points, and an A 900. You should at least be able to afford infinite for two weapons. The ranking system is fair and good, for you get judged on 4 things: Accuracy (if you miss too much you don't really deserve an S for this) Enemies routed (kill, kill, kill...), Deaths (don't die at all for an S rank) And last but not least: Completion time. The times are different for all levels, but i find under 20 minutes for a chapter section is normally an S.
Also, if you intend on getting this based on my review, i must tell you the bad....its the control configuration. You CANNOT run while shooting, or even walk for that matter. If you aim, you have to kill whoever is coming towards you or get killed. There is no hip fire mode either, so standing back and shooting from distance is advised. I also find the movement to be strange, on the xbox, you push the L stick wherever you wish to go, while changing the camera with the R stick, the you have to hold the R stick in or hold the A button to run.... It seems ordinary but why add the A button thing? That sums up the bad, except that some enemies are impossible on a first playthrough, due to the lack of ammo around...
Also, a little surprise for those who get this game, complete the game in less than 5 hours, and you will get a very useful surprise Smile...

Overall: 8/10 Better than the first few, due to its 2 player splitscreen/over internet play. But if 4 had been like this, i'm afraid 4 would have been a 9/10......

Thats all from me today, i hope somebody reads this and then finds they have some money spare, because this game is definately worth the money, i believe Gamestation may still be having a sale, brand new for £20 O_o WOW

descriptionResident Evil 5 Review EmptyRe: Resident Evil 5 Review

more_horiz
I might add this game is an 18, whereas i only thought it a 15.... so either ask your parent(s) if its allright to get, or just get it yourself if over 18 Smile...

more_horiz
I've have been always looking forward to play this game though. But the only problem that made this game for me " Lacking " is you can only play with 2 person.

more_horiz
Awesome review bud, been wondering about the new Resident Evil games. Me thinks my wallet and I will be making a trip to Game Stop this afternoon. Open Grin

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum