WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Windows Antivirus pro and other error messages

4 posters

descriptionSolvedWindows Antivirus pro and other error messages

more_horiz
I am constantly getting windows anvirus pro popping up on the screen which i am unable to permentaly get rid of. When i try to install or run antivirus software, hijackthis or any application i get an error message saying "This application has failed to start because the appliction configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
Please can you help me fix this problem.

descriptionSolvedRe: Windows Antivirus pro and other error messages

more_horiz
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:

:filefind
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    eventlog.dll

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

more_horiz
I have downloaded systemlook but the laptop will not run any programme with an exe file extension it seems, so I am unable to run it.

more_horiz

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt just yet.

more_horiz
When i try to run dds.scr i get the error message
"CMD This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

more_horiz
Hello.
Download this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

Then run it, see if you can run DDS after that.

more_horiz
It wont let me run vcredist_x86.exe because of the file extension

more_horiz
Download the GMER rootkit scan from here: GMER

1. Unzip it and start GMER.
  2. Click the >>> tab and then click the Scan button.
  3. Once done, click the Copy button.
  4. This will copy the results to your clipboard.
  5. Paste the results in your next reply.
Note:
If you're having problems with running GMER.exe, try it in safe mode. This tools works in safe mode.
You can also try renaming it since some malware blocks GMER.

more_horiz
It will not run GMER either i am getting the same error message because it has an exe file extension.
Tried in safe mode but it's saying bgwp6rek.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

After reading other peoples posts i have noticed i have something called desot in my win32 folder.
Does this help?

more_horiz
Yep, helps alot.

Please delete this file in red:
C:\Windows\system32\desot.exe

Next, download this file.

Download it to your Desktop.
Double click it to run it; select yes to the registry merge prompt.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

more_horiz
I deleted the desot file and ran the ExeErrorFix ok but when i tried to run mbam-setup.exe i get the same error message about the application configuration is incorrect.
And everytime i delete the desot file, come out of the system32 folder and go back in the desot file has reappeared.

more_horiz
Just to update you whilst looking around the net i found the following instructions to fix the error that stops applications from running.

Use the following instructions to remove Windows Antivirus Pro (Uninstall instructions)
1. Remove Windows Antivirus Pro main components.
Please download OTM by OldTimer from here. Once Save Dialog opens, please rename a file from OTM.exe to OTM.com and click Save button to save it to desktop.

Run OTM. Copy,then paste the following text in “Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved” window (under the yellow bar):

:processes
svchast.exe
Windows Antivirus Pro.exe

:services
AntipPro2009_12

:reg
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F54AF7DE-6038-4026-8433-CC30E3F17212}]

:files
%windir%\system32\desot.exe
%windir%\system32\dddesot.dll
%windir%\svchast.exe

Click the red Moveit! button. When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

2. Repair running .exe files.
Click Start, Run. Type command and press Enter. Type notepad and press Enter.
Notepad opens. Copy all the text below into Notepad.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"

Save this as fix.reg to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad.)
Double Click fix.reg and click YES for confirm.
Reboot your computer.

I can now run applications. Can you help me from here to make sure all is ok? Antivirus pro has stopped popping up as well.

more_horiz
Hello.
Please run MBAM, I doubt your clean.

more_horiz
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2551
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

04/09/2009 09:34:34
mbam-log-2009-09-04 (09-34-34).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 115097
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 41

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win AntiVirus Pro (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Windows antiVirus pro (Rogue.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt Sheldrake\Start Menu\Programs\Windows AntiVirus Pro (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcm80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcp80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcr80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\Windows Antivirus Pro.exe (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\dbsinit.exe (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\wispex.html (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\pix.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\t1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\t2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\up1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\up2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w11.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w3.jpg (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt Sheldrake\Start Menu\Programs\Windows AntiVirus Pro\Windows Antivirus Pro.lnk (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bennuar.old (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sonhelp.htm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysnet.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ppp3.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ppp4.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt Sheldrake\Desktop\Windows Antivirus Pro.lnk (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirus2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\onhelp.htm (Rogue.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wispex.html (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bincd32.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

more_horiz
Lets keep going!

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt just yet.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum