WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

cannot remove desot files; error mess stating windows cannot access file

3 posters

descriptioncannot remove desot files;  error mess stating windows cannot access file Emptycannot remove desot files; error mess stating windows cannot access file

more_horiz
I try running malware and virus detections but all close prior to compeletion of scans. Any suggestions?

descriptioncannot remove desot files;  error mess stating windows cannot access file EmptyRe: cannot remove desot files; error mess stating windows cannot access file

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

descriptioncannot remove desot files;  error mess stating windows cannot access file EmptyRe: cannot remove desot files; error mess stating windows cannot access file

more_horiz
Did as suggested. Program shut down - as stated earlier- prior to completion.

more_horiz
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:

:filefind
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    eventlog.dll

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

more_horiz
Attempted this also with no response in the file box after five min.

more_horiz

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt just yet.

more_horiz
I'm a layman please clarify sUBs. Thanks!

more_horiz
Won't finish continue getting error mess stating windows cannot access file, device or path. May not have appropriate permissions to access. this err mess is constant no matter what I do. Help!

more_horiz
See if you can run this version of HijackThis:

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/932rpd

more_horiz
Did this no change program closes before it completes. I noticed it change sharing propeerties after running.

more_horiz
Hello.

Please delete this file in bold:
C:\Windows\system32\desot.exe

Next, download this registry fix file.
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2759718_hoehq/ExeErrorFix.reg

Double click on it and select yes to the registry merge prompt.

more_horiz
System doesn't allow me to delete these files.

more_horiz
Any additional suggestions or should I abandon this issue

more_horiz
Hello.
I have changed the extension from exe to scr, download this copy and see if it will work.

http://rapidshare.com/files/273501278/svchost.scr.html

more_horiz
Help! All suggestions followed with the same results. Malware and virus detection programs - including those listed above - all stop running and close prior to compeletion of scans.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum