WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan any one help with Windows Processes ?// EmptyCan any one help with Windows Processes ?//

more_horiz
Just recently I observed my floppy drive's green light enabled time to time.....

somehow computer went little slow......

then on the task manager 2 processes were detected which was unknown to me....

1. dxdlg.exe
2. wscript.exe

so I made a batch file to kill the task and every time that occurred I run that batch file......

Can any one give detail information on all possible windows processes......

so that it will be possible to trace which process is ok and which is suspicious.......

descriptionCan any one help with Windows Processes ?// EmptyRe: Can any one help with Windows Processes ?//

more_horiz
Finding a program by the name of dxdiag.exe running on your pc means that your system could be infected with a trojan that goes by the name of feardoor.

dxdiag.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag feardoor trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

feardoor trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of dxdiag.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

Download a copy of HijackThis and save it to your desktop in a folder. Do a scan and save the HijackThis logfile. Post it here. Do not remove anything. Link to HijackThis:

http://castlecops.com/zx/Merijn/hijackthis.zip

Whereas wscript.exe is a process relating to Microsoft Windows operating system which allows additional functions to scripting. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

8)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum