WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedcant open any programs ?

more_horiz
I installed a new video card in my computer and cleaned the cooling fans and fins for the processor. After putting everything back together and reattaching the monitor to the original video connection, I get the DOS program screen flashes up saying "Program to big for memory for any program I try to open. I also get the message "Parameters are incorrect". I am only able to connect to the internet as long as I don't close this original connection
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

descriptionSolvedRe: cant open any programs ?

more_horiz
Hello,

Is the Windows install on your computer an OEM or RTM version?

more_horiz
RTM I believe. It as it was installed when I bought the computer "gently" used.

more_horiz
If it was pre-loaded when you bought the computer, then it's got to be OEM. it would be a RTM version if you purchased Windows separately with a CD or CD.

In most cases, Windows versions OEM won't support changes of hardware excluding RAM and hard disks. Which is why your Windows isn't functioning properly.

more_horiz
Thank you that could be why, although I'm not sure if it was OEM or not I bought the computer used, the person who had it before me may have installed. If it is because of that what can I do to fix it? Do I need to take it to my computer repair guy? I appreciate your replies, thank you. Sincerely Faieriemama.

more_horiz
Hello,

It's not something you can repair. OEM Windows versions deliberately lock down the hardware to prevent people from sharing same licenses across different computers. You can get a RTM version of Windows, it should solve the problem.

more_horiz
Thank you for your help I appreciate it. Good surfing to you. Thank You!

more_horiz
I had the same problem!

I was able to remove the problem.. it is caused by a virus hiding in your system 32 folder.

To remove:

Start > Run then type C:\\WINDOWS\system32

Once in the folder find the one called desot.exe and remove it... this should help

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum