Biglowz
ThunderBluff
AuroraRange
Doctor Inferno
Sir $wat
Wolflobo
Admin
24 posters

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads - Page 2 EmptyRe: The good Antivirus Software Downloads

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
i heard that antivir is the best... is that true?

Detection System is great

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads - Page 2 EmptyRe: The good Antivirus Software Downloads

more_horiz
Do you have any recommendations for all the Mac users out there for anti-virus freeware? Now that it seems they (I do have an imac as well as my PC) may have to actually be concerned about viruses, it wold be great to know what to use.

more_horiz
PC Tools iAntivirus:
http://www.iantivirus.com

ClamXav: http://www.clamxav.com/

more_horiz
Thank you so much.\, I will add it this weekend. My daughter loves going to facebook and myspace on my mac, so extra protection is definitely a must.

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads - Page 2 EmptyTwo at once

more_horiz
I run both Avast and Avira at the same time. The are compatible with each other and what one misses the other will get. I have been running on 4 computers I built and two purchased with no problem. I only recommend that you have a good dual core or better to run it. AVG is full of junk and does NOTHING to keep the computer safe. That was my first free anti virus and had a problem 2 weeks after download. Had to wipe the hd and start from scratch!

more_horiz
AdkWoody wrote:
I run both Avast and Avira at the same time. The are compatible with each other and what one misses the other will get. I have been running on 4 computers I built and two purchased with no problem. I only recommend that you have a good dual core or better to run it. AVG is full of junk and does NOTHING to keep the computer safe. That was my first free anti virus and had a problem 2 weeks after download. Had to wipe the hd and start from scratch!

I don't recommend running more the one antivirus active or not. They can cause system problems like slowdowns, conflicts ect. Please don't recommend running more then one as many av's can detect similar files which would result in a crash.

more_horiz
If you want to know what works and what doesn't then you need to check out AV_TEST.ORG. They evaluate all the products and post their results.

more_horiz
Test results are unreliable.

1. They drop infections in a folder and call it a test.
2. Infections are collected ahead of time and could be non existent in the database at time of test.
3. Settings are often changed for no good reason.
4. Software is often tested in an incorrect category example mbam with av software.

You can't rely on these tests.

more_horiz
How do I get rid of SPYWARE

more_horiz
  • Read and follow the steps in this topic.
  • Then, post a new topic containing those logs in this section.

more_horiz
opm I still consider Panda Cloud Anitvirus the best.

more_horiz
Hey all, Iam using Comodo Internet Security which they are giving free for 1 year, it is a good Anti Virus software. Try at www.comodo.com.

more_horiz
Hi there new to the site but already some good info extracted. Ive got free version of AVG but became infected with the dreaded MS Removal Tool virus which I stupidly paid somebody to get rid of. Any way I have downloaded MS security essential and now thinking of the others mentioned above but am i right in thinking that I shud only have one anti virus programe rather than several ?

descriptionThe good Antivirus Software Downloads - Page 2 EmptyBaudu AV 2013

more_horiz
Has anyone tried, or reviewed, Baidu AV 2013?  Its free and they intend to keep it that way.Honored

more_horiz
Really very nice.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum