a_sirisha
Milkmaid28
mitchika
tyt1111
zohan.1.
stinits
Doctor Inferno
17 posters

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyDid not work

more_horiz
Ok installed Malware to remove WPS once started scan it turn off then cannot restart? What next?

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Eluna wrote:
Ok installed Malware to remove WPS once started scan it turn off then cannot restart? What next?

Hello,

Please do not quote large piece of text. Some forms of the of Windows Protection Suite can cause more harm than others, or there are multiple problems on the computer.

Please try to boot the PC again, if you cannot try to boot in Safe Mode (using F8)
Follow these instructions on how to make a new topic in the Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal section to include a HijackThis log: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Remove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
hey im new here n i cant download this program...it said that i must be an administrator in order to download this program..cAn somebody help me??

more_horiz
[b]Yay Thanx Guys .....U R The Best Guys In tHe World!!!the windows protection suite Is nOw Out Of System!!!!n thats make m e feel sooo freee n cool now....THANX AGAIN,.. Bow or Thanks Big Grin Cheesy Grin (sparkly :Clapping: Thank You! Hooray!

Last edited by killer123 on 15th September 2009, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
This worked... THANK YOU!

Windows protection suite is bogus and the creators are liers and thieves. Why hasn't somebody arrested these guys!

more_horiz
By the way, I put the Malwarebytes link in my favs to sign up next time. I'm sure I'll need it again since my kid is allways on those nasty free sites.

more_horiz
I've done all as instructed and tried 3x to get the files removed. Am I to highlight each file and hit remove selected or just hit remove selected to get rid of all the files listed?

I tried the latter technique 3 times and WPS blanketed over my screen and evidently disable the Malware Bytes from removing files.

Now the bastard is back! I have to down load and start all over!

What am I doing wrong?

more_horiz
Hello,

Open a new topic here:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

We will help you from there.

more_horiz
When Malwarebyte's finishes the scan it shows all the files checked in the box. As instructed, just click the "remove" button at the bottom and they are all gone. Windows protection suite will continue to try a run, "screaming noises and bogus pop up windows" as Malwarebyte's deletes it. (nasty!) "x" out of any window that pops up to continue the process.
This bugger was kicking and screaming as it was dying! My kid's laptop needed to reboot to finally burn this sucker.

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyThank you.

more_horiz
I had Windows Suite Protection virus on my computer and was freaking out at first because it kept shutting me out of my internet and then kept telling me I have all these viruses and my computer gonna crash. So I literally was thinking my computer was gonna just crash soon but I wasn't going to pay for anything because I thought these were just scams and nothing good can come out of viruses being on your computer. So then I put the two together and when i finally got my internet to work a lil bit I googled windows protection suite and a page referenced me to this and how to get rid of it. So Thank you very much. I made/joined the forum just so I could say my thanks to whoever it is will read this/posted this helpful information. What you guys do is awesome and I might never use it again but I greatly appreciated it. Keep up the good work.

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyTask Manager No Longer Works after Using Removal Guide

more_horiz
I'm new to this and a bit unsure of the process for asking a question. I followed your Removal Guide and it worked great in getting rid of Windows Protective Suite. However, I now have a problem I didn't have before: Task Manager no longer opens, either by keyboard (ctr/alt/delete) or task bar methods. My friend sent me a taskmgr.exe file which is on my desktop, and it will not open Windows Task Manager but WILL open it when I change its name (ie: schmo.exe). So I know the Windows Task Manager works, but I suppose there's something in my registry blocking the name. I am not comfortable going into the Registry without guidance.

more_horiz
I was able to fix the above described problem by performing an edit to my Windows Registry as follows.

- Open regedit.exe and begin, of course, by making a backup copy the Registry.

- Then navigate to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

- Under the "Image File Execution Options" section, scroll down until you find a registry key for "taskmgr.exe" (without the quotes)

- Highlight that entry (taskmgr.exe) and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Confirm that you wish to delete the taskmgr.exe entry, and exit the registry editor.

For those curious about the technical aspects behind this fix, please go to:
http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/index.php/2008/12/09/image-file-execution-options/

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 EmptyHow to get back Windows Task-Manager after Windows Protection Suite

more_horiz
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware did most of the repairing for me, but not all of it. In my case, Windows Task-Manager did still not open, and some URLs were still deviated. I had to do the following in addition to running Anti-Malware to get a complete repair:
1. Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in some editor. Delete all the entries except:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
Save the file under some new name, e.g., hoststemp.
Open Anti-Malware, and use the File-Assassin Function to delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
Rename hoststemp as hosts.

2. Download Process Explorer at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Run procexp.exe
Menu Options-->Replace Task-Manager. Close the program. When calling task-manager, Process Explorer should now be opened.
Again Menu Options-->Uncheck "Replace Task-Manager". The original task manager is back!

descriptionRemove Windows Protection Suite [Removal Guide] - Page 2 Emptywindows protection suite

more_horiz
Hi - i have successfully downloaded and followed the on line instructions to delete WPS but I still have it....any other suggestions PLEASE ?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum