WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBit defender rescue disk help! EmptyBit defender rescue disk help!

more_horiz
The bit defender bootable rescue cd has saved me countless times in removing malware when the av or spyware programs wouldn't start. There is only one problem; it doesn't update as its supposed to. Now, it does attempt to update, but the update always fails due to being unable to find the internet connection. On my laptop, I have built in wireless adapter, and I know that my internet service is active, and I've even plugged it in via ethernet to the router and directly to my cable modem. On my desktop, I've tried when it was connected to the cable modem, the router, and wirelessly via the wireless usb adapter I have. Without fail, it never connects so an update has never been successful.

How can I fix this problem? I'd like the bit defender rescue disk to update so that I can be sure that the most up to date definitions can be downloaded and protect me against any new malware.

Thanks.

descriptionBit defender rescue disk help! EmptyRe: Bit defender rescue disk help!

more_horiz
Anyone?

descriptionBit defender rescue disk help! EmptyRe: Bit defender rescue disk help!

more_horiz
Hello,

Aren't you able to update the program directly?

more_horiz
I don't have the AV running on my computer. I'm speaking specifically of the bit defender bootable rescue disc with the auto update feature. I'm not sure if it is a problem with knoppix on the disc not loading the networking drivers or whatnot.

more_horiz
Hello,

How old is the disc? And it is also always strongly recommended to have an AV installed and running on your computer to prevent it from going into unbootable situations.

more_horiz
I have an av on my PC's, but I use the bitdefender rescue disc on my mother's pc or on my mother in laws pc. This disc was burned in July 2009 as it is the 2009 version of the disc.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum