WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVista Installation dvd EmptyVista Installation dvd

more_horiz
I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. I discovered that I had some corrupted files, which could not be fixed, in my computer after running a sfc /scannow command. I decided that I would to a repair install to fix those files. But my computer did not come with the disc. I want to create my own. I've tried the one from neosmart: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ But after trying to use the boot disc, I realised that the setup launcher was missing. Could someone please teach me how to create a vista recovery disc or tell me another solution to fix the corrupted files? By the way, the recovery disc in this post is not the one that can be created from my present files. Sad tearing

descriptionVista Installation dvd EmptyRe: Vista Installation dvd

more_horiz
Hello,

So you are unable to boot from the Windows recovery CD?

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Hello,

So you are unable to boot from the Windows recovery CD?

No, I am able to boot from the burnt cd but after I inserted the cd-key and clicked next, an error popped up notifying me that the setup file was missing and the whole process could not be continued. I also viewed the contents of the cd using windows explorer but was unable to locate any setup file. Could you please help me? Sad tearing

more_horiz
Hello,

The CD is probably corrupted, what speed did you burn the CD at? It is recommended to always burn a bootable disc at 4x.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum