WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiontried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes Emptytried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes

more_horiz
Yesterday I received an e-mail file with BlueSoft on it, deleted it, did not know what it was. A few hours later after browsing on Myspace I got a notice of a virus...and suggestions from my Windows Security, to download WiniFighter. I did NOT download, but I think it installed itself.
Very annoying, every minute I get a notice of a virus, and it tries to block my webpages. The newest notice is from Microsoft Windows, telling me, my computer is low on memory and I have to close my programs.

Is it possible I have both SoftBlue and WiniFighter on my laptop?

I tried your suggestions (to others) to remove WiniFighter;

1, downloaded HijackThis, but can not open it!
2,downloaded MalwareBytes, but can not open it!

It is really annoying!!

I have SpyBot, used it many times before, now it does not work.
I have AVG on, also have Ad-Aware, but they don't detect it.

What can I do?

descriptiontried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes EmptyRe: tried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes

more_horiz
Hello Name,

Welcome to Geek Police, my name is Origin and I will be helping you today. Please keep the following in mind:

• If you do not get a reply from me or another helper within 2 days, please reply to your topic with the phrase BUMP
  • If you have any cracked/pirated software in your computer delete them or we will not help you.
  • Only follow advise from Geek Police Staff and not a regular member.
  • Do NOT run any tool without Geek Police supervision as it could hinder your system useless.

Since you can't run many of our tools we will have to work in safe mode where that rogue anti virus won't bother as much as in normal mode, please do the following:

Please do the following in Safe Mode with Networking: as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.) Once in the start up menu, select "Safe Mode with Networking", then do the following instructions:

• Download combofix from here
    Link 1
    Link 2
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

tried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes CF_download_FF

tried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes CF_download_rename

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouse click combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

descriptiontried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes EmptyRe: tried to remove WiniFighter, but can not open HijackThis or MalwareBytes

more_horiz
Thank you so much for your help, it is fixed now!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum