WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnable to Renew Wireless IP Address EmptyUnable to Renew Wireless IP Address

more_horiz
Hello Hello,

I've been trying to unsuccesfully get my girlfriend's Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop to connect to a wifi connection anyhere.

At the moment I'm at my place where I have no problem connecting to the wifi with my laptop but her's is not able to. However, I am able to access the internet on her computer with via cable.

The Fujitsu would detect the network, connect to it but won't get by the renewing IP address stage.

Please advise.

Thanks Smile...

descriptionUnable to Renew Wireless IP Address EmptyRe: Unable to Renew Wireless IP Address

more_horiz
Hello,

There is usually a switch on the laptop to enable WIFI scanning, I'm not sure where it's located on a Fujitsu laptop, but have a look around it.

descriptionUnable to Renew Wireless IP Address EmptyRe: Unable to Renew Wireless IP Address

more_horiz
Hey Milton,

I've already tried it. When it switched on it will detect the wireless, connect but then not be able renew the IP address.

more_horiz
Hello,

Download and run this:

WinSockFix 1.1.0.13 - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

Let me know if it fixes your problem.

more_horiz
Hey Milton,

I tried twice with the programme but unfortunately it still does not work.

more_horiz
Remove the routers security encryption for the moment.

Do this with your laptop connected to the router via ethernet in the router configuration at your web browser.

On the lappy in question, disable all firewalls (including any that may exist in your AV security suite) delete all of your wireless connections (Not sure of your OS but try Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless Network
Right click > Properties > Wireless Networks tab
"Remove" all entries in "Preferred networks")

Click "View Wireless Networks" and try to connect to your router from here.

Make sure 'network discovery' is activated within your OS and most important.....make sure you have the setting checked, 'obtain IP addresses automatically'.
If your able to successfully connect other machines, then DHCP must be already enabled on the router.

Remember to enable encryption again after successful connection is established and enter the necessary encryption key!

Regards

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith,

Did what you said, disabled the windows firewall (AVG free AV, couldn't find a firewall with it). removed the routers encryption and cleared all the wireless connections.

unfortunately still no go.

i also reset the TCP/IP using microsoft's fix it, still not working.

more_horiz
Are all of the laptops network settings in windows the same as those configured on the wireless router?

ie. SSID / workgroup / etc

more_horiz
I'm sorry for being daft but where to i check the network settings, under network connections?

more_horiz
Network and Sharing Centre in Vista!

more_horiz
finally had it checked out and it matches up, so i'm still unable to connect with the wifi.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum