WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

virus/malware

3 posters

descriptionvirus/malware - Page 4 EmptyRe: virus/malware

more_horiz
its ok as of right now but it usually starts again when i am on the computer for awhile. i will post back and let you know. i thank you so much for all your help!

more_horiz
so far no crazy pop ups but the antivirus 2009 still shows up in google searches where the sponsored links are.

more_horiz
it was doing ok till this morning when something called net scan started scanning my computer

more_horiz
Rescan with Combofix AGAIN and upload the log to rapidshare

more_horiz
http://rapidshare.com/files/264872887/combofixlog2.txt.html
MD5: 90498D1A11DFF7A847FB59D376E365AC

more_horiz
That looks like it should have removed it again.
You are possibly visiting a bad site, that's why it came back.

more_horiz
but i only go on google for searches or facebook. i dont really use the computer for anything else. all the pop up ads i get are from internet explorer when i am on firefox. the other things are windows pop ups with messages saying my computer is infected trying to get me to buy stuff like the antispyware 2009.

more_horiz
Please download GooredFix from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Ensure all Firefox windows are closed.
  • To run the tool, double-click it (XP), or right-click and select Run As Administrator (Vista).
  • When prompted to run the scan, click Yes.
  • GooredFix will check for infections, and then a log will appear. Please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredFix.txt).

more_horiz
GooredFix by jpshortstuff (12.07.09)
Log created at 20:57 on 07/08/2009 (sarah g)
Firefox version 3.0.13 (en-US)

========== GooredScan ==========

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [13:29 27/06/2009]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [14:44 27/06/2009]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"myspacefftb@myspace.com"="C:\Program Files\MySpace\Toolbar\1.0.28.0_1\" []
"jqs@sun.com"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff" [21:14 21/06/2009]

-=E.O.F=-

more_horiz
I don't see any sign of infection, do the following, I want to make sure there isn't anything left:

Please use the Internet Explorer browser, and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.

• Click Run at the Security prompt.
  • The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
  • Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
  • Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
  • Click View scan report at the bottom.
  • Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.

**Note**

To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:

• Close any open programs.
  • Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble viewing the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.

more_horiz
pages do not want to load in ie. i cant even load this site. i tried to download kaspersky a few days ago but it would not download, either would avg. when i click on them it does nothing. the link works with firefox but i cant get to it in ie.

more_horiz
ok i copied the link and pasted it, it worked. im going to try it now

more_horiz
i tried to run it twice in ie but i get an error saying update failed, i must be online to run it,which i am. it says error key is expired.

more_horiz
hi, just wanted to say that i ran mbam again and after that everything seems ok now. the files in the log though i thought were deleted previously but i guess not. ie is my only problem, i keep getting pop up ads from this site:
bestscanpc.org/win/?code=934

and also pages do not load.
i appreciate all your help!

more_horiz
Hello.
Lets see what's installed, a toolbar maybe causing this.

• Open HijackThis.
  • When Hijack This opens, click "Open the Misc Tools section"
  • Then select "Open Uninstall Manager"
  • Click on "Save List..." (generates uninstall_list.txt)
  • Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum