WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedTaskbar at bottom of screen not working properly - Gateway/Vista

more_horiz
Last week, I had the same problem as everyone else when suddenly AVG considered my iTunes to be infected with a bug. I had shut my laptop down the night before, and then the next morning, when I booted up, I had all of these horrible infections, right? Well, at the very same time, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen started acting strangely. I had thought at the time that the two were related, but of course my iTunes now works but the taskbar is still doing something funky.

Here is a screenshot, with the offending portion circled in red:

Taskbar at bottom of screen not working properly - Gateway/Vista Taskba11

As you can see, when I open up programs, they no longer show up in order from left to right in the taskbar, in a normal size. Instead, they will only show up on the right side of the taskbar, and for whatever reason, will not take up more than an inch across total. If more than two programs are open at a time, then that small scroll bar shows up to the right, and I have to scroll through tiny icons, trying to find the program I am looking for. In the screenshot above, it is showing YNAB and Firefox as being open, although you can see just how small each program is. This is, to put it mildly, very annoying.

Worried, I did a scan of my computer using AVG, Spybot S&D, and AdAware AE. I was as clean as a whistle. I run COMODO as my firewall protection, and nothing has shown up on there either.

I cannot figure out how it could have possibly been me changing a setting because when I went to bed the night before all of this showed up, I didn't touch any computer settings, and everything was functioning fine. I get up the next morning, turn on my computer, and this is what it is doing. ???

I would Google my problem to try to figure out how to fix it, but I am not quite sure what to search for, since I am not actually getting any error messages. And other than this glitch, my computer is working just fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Hava

descriptionSolvedRe: Taskbar at bottom of screen not working properly - Gateway/Vista

more_horiz
Hello,

Try this: Right click your task bar >> Uncheck Lock the taskbar and drag a seperator. I think it's pushing the icons to the right.

descriptionSolvedRe: Taskbar at bottom of screen not working properly - Gateway/Vista

more_horiz
Wow. I feel pretty stupid. I had actually unchecked the Lock the Taskbar option when I first ran into this problem, but then these dividers showed up on my taskbar that I have never had there before, and I thought, "Nope, that didn't do it" and didn't mess with it any further.

I don't have a clue how my taskbar got messed up in the first place since I obviously wasn't touching it, but I am sure thankful that it was an easy fix. Thank you very much for your time!

Thank You!

Havs

more_horiz
No prob! You can lock the task bar now to prevent it from happening again. 😉

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum