WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Virus? Windows Click? Help!

3 posters

descriptionVirus? Windows Click? Help! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Virus? Windows Click? Help!

more_horiz
Still no internet. After I completed the repair suggestion from bleepingcomputer, I received the following message.

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Disabling the wireless network adapter
Make sure your network adapter is properly installed"

descriptionVirus? Windows Click? Help! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Virus? Windows Click? Help!

more_horiz
It may be a driver, please follow these instructions and once you are there if there are any yellow exclamation marks please list them in your next post:

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simple double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.

In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the System icon near the bottom of the window.

In the System Properties window, click on the Hardware tab.

With the Hardware tab selected, click on the Device Manager button.

more_horiz
After clicking on the Device Manager I wasn't sure where to go. There is no driver tab in the list. What do I do now?

descriptionVirus? Windows Click? Help! - Page 2 EmptyBUMP...Still having problems.

more_horiz
I purchased a wireless usb to see if my wireless card was bad. Still unable to connect to the internet. I'm running my laptop on the same router (with the infected computer) so that checks out ok too.
I couldn't locate a driver on my computer either.
Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

more_horiz
Moving to operating systems forum, see id Doc has anything to offer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum