WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution EmptyTrojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution

more_horiz
Trojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution Info10

There seems to be a recent glitch in AVG where it detects iTunes as a Trojan Horse Small.BOG variant.

To get around this, please follow the steps listed below as a temporary workaround until AVG updates their database.

Open AVG >> Click Tools >> Advanced Settings >> Under Resident Shield expand it and click Exceptions.

After that click Add Path on the top right >> Navigate to C:\Programs Files:\iTunes

When you are there, select the iTunes folder click Ok >> Click apply and exit AVG. Under the exceptions list in AVG, the itunes folder should be listed as: C:\Program Files\iTunes\.

Now, restart your computer and you should be able to open itunes now.

descriptionTrojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution EmptyRe: Trojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution

more_horiz
I tried this and it did not work...Itunes still starts up the AVG threat box.

descriptionTrojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution EmptyRe: Trojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution

more_horiz
Hello,

If it doesn't work, please wait till AVG update their signature database and remove this false positive.

more_horiz
Will do...thank you. I thought someone said that AVG has been notified. I would assume this will be fixed in a day or so?

more_horiz
Yes, AVG should be working on this now. Try updating AVG every hour or so to get their latest updates as soon as they release it.

more_horiz
Thanks a lot, Milton. I freaked the eff out and went ahead and uninstalled iTunes and will have to wait for AVG to fix the problem as it won't let me reinstall iTunes.

FML Smile...

Appreciate the help! Big Grin

more_horiz
I just checked AVG for updates and it said that no new updates were available (must have ran them while I slept). I decided to try I-Tunes again and it worked fine. I assume AVG solved the issue.

Thank you VERY much for your help. I was really freaking out last night.

more_horiz
Glad everything is fine now. Smile...

more_horiz
Hi! I recently "was infected" by the Small.Bog virus with iTunes, and stupid me really thought it was a virus. I uninstalled iTunes, rebooted my computer, then downloaded a fresh copy from iTunes website and tried to install it. It wouldn't let me do it. This really had me freaked out. I left the downloaded copy on my desktop for a couple of days and thought I'd try it again. I did this morning, and it installed without a problem. So I just wanted to post this in case someone else had the same problem - go ahead and try reinstalling iTunes again. Perhaps it'll work the second time for you like it did for me.

At the same time that I had this problem with iTunes, however, the computer was acting strangely in another aspect - both problems started when I booted up my computer that morning, and at the time, I thought they were related. I did a Google search to see what kind of virus I had, and ended up on this site. Nothing that I have read suggests that anyone else is getting this glitch, which makes me think they just coincidentally started affecting me at the same exact time.

At the bottom of my screen across the taskbar, the programs that are open normally show up from left to right, in the order that they were opened, right? Well, now the programs that I have open are on the RIGHT side of the taskbar, and are squished into a very small section of the taskbar. I did a print screen and posted it below so you could see what I was talking about (I circled the area in red). When I open up three program, then a scroll bar appears next to the programs and I have to scroll through tiny icons to find the program that I want. Meanwhile, the rest of my task bar is empty and unused. Needless to say, I did not change any settings on my computer to make this happen - it was functioning normally when I turned it off at night, and then in the morning, it was doing this, plus it had the iTunes bug message. Trojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution Taskba10

Any ideas? I ran AVG (ha ha), SpyBot S&D, and Ad-Aware AE, and they all came up squeaky clean. Other than this problem, I am having zero problems with my computer.

I appreciate any suggestions or ideas you have for me. I would have googled this problem like I did the iTunes problem, but I had no idea what to search for.

Hava

descriptionTrojan Horse Small.BOG - Solution EmptyFalse Positive? I had DoS

more_horiz

1. AVG finds small.bog on auto scan and quarantines sys restor and iTunes files

Try to start iTunes and get error and virus warning from AVG.

DoS for email and Net.

Disconnect and run complete scan, finding about 400 infections of small.bog

Ultimately, use Simple File Shredder to get rid of all Apple/iTunes/iPod files.

Empty AVG vault.

Still DoS.

Finally, realize that my DNS settings in Windows Network Setup are missing. Re-enter, reboot, and can now connect.

This morning, suddenly disconnected from Web and DoS all day. Jump through hoops; all settings OK, network shows as connected.

Check AVG and it has listed 292 small.bog, found on autoscan the day after I emptied the vault.

Empty the vault again.

Still DoS

Call my provider; in the midst of explaining problem DoS ends and I can connect and get email.

Provider states could be a problem with LinkSys router (I have it set to static IP).

Does anybody have an idea as to what is going on? For a false positive, it sure has cost a lot of time.

[b]thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

Please update AVG. They have updated their databses to remove this false positive.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum