WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedRe: Dell mini Inspiron BSOD

more_horiz
Strange... How old is the computer? The recovery system seems to be different from what I know.

more_horiz
it's not even a year old. It's a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 (or 910, same thing) I mean I really don't expect much from it. But I would like to atleast browse the web once in awhile y'know? Smile...

more_horiz
I'm not too sure about this, never heard of computers with boot options with number keys. I think Dell provides free tech support for computers under a year old, plus it's still under warranty. Maybe you should contact them.

descriptionSolvedDell Mini does not have a PC Restore capability

more_horiz
alilujah wrote:
After I select hard drive, nothing happens it just goes back to that black screen with the options on how to start up. Same goes for anything listed under the Boot Menu that I've clicked on Sad tearing

Basically if no F11 key is available then probably the Restore Partttiion is not a feature:

From the Dell site:
Some systems like Inspiron Mini 9 (910) do not support System Restore as they do not have nor any substitute.
If the key strokes are not working or you do not have PC Restore any more. You will have to do a manual reinstall. Click here for manual installation instructions.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum