WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOffice 2010's Free Web Versions Fend off Google Docs EmptyOffice 2010's Free Web Versions Fend off Google Docs

more_horiz
Choosing to risk cannibalizing its own sales rather than let competitors such as Google Inc. eat away at them, Microsoft Corp. will give consumers and corporate users free access to the upcoming Web version of Microsoft Office.

Microsoft announced Monday that its Office Web service will be available to members of its free Windows Live online service, of which there are about 400 million active users worldwide today, says Chris Capossela, senior vice-president of the information worker product management group at Microsoft.

Office Web will also be free to enterprise workers, provided they are licensed for Office's software maintenance program, called Software Assurance. There are 90 million such workers today, Capossela said.

More: http://pcworld.com/article/168306/

descriptionOffice 2010's Free Web Versions Fend off Google Docs EmptyRe: Office 2010's Free Web Versions Fend off Google Docs

more_horiz
its just a way for MS to get their claws into another area on the web, I have an MS Office enterprise that i got off a mate who use to work for them, and its the best version i have ever seen!!! providing it online will just clog up the net even more, the amount of s*** out there is unblievable and if one of the big guns goes and brings this type of thin out the offer it free then get users to pay for it then once ratings and usage goes down they will clear the price off it, its just another gimmik that we can only expect the competition to deal with.

I personally love google, best thing since sliced bread and use every aspect about it! Why people wont leave a good thing alone is stupid to me!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum