WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

System security 2009- cannot open any program files.

3 posters

descriptionSystem security 2009- cannot open any program files. EmptySystem security 2009- cannot open any program files.

more_horiz
Hi! Smile...

I got system security 2009 yesterday and i followed someone's advice about the removal which was basically copying the file name of system security from properties then searching it and deleting the files then rebooting. This worked only in the sense that i don't get any pop ups from system security now and i can use firefox but then as soon as i restarted i got a systemdl error and none of my program files open. i downloaded winlogon but i can't use it. When i try opening any program i get the "open with" box.

also when i try opening anything in the control panel is gives me an error saying "application not found"

HELP PLEASE !!!

Thanks

descriptionSystem security 2009- cannot open any program files. EmptyRe: System security 2009- cannot open any program files.

more_horiz
Hello sush,

Welcome to Geek Police, my name is Origin and I will be helping you today. Please keep the following in mind:

• If you do not get a reply from me or another helper within 2 days, please reply to your topic with the phrase BUMP
  • If you have any cracked/pirated software in your computer delete them or we will not help you.
  • Only follow advise from Geek Police Staff and not a regular member.
  • Do NOT run any tool without Geek Police supervision as it could hinder your system useless.

Please download Ice Sword from HERE

1. Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
  2. Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
  3. Then look in the left hand bottom of the program and press "Registry"
  4. When the registry list opens, drag the line between the two windows so you can see which registry hive you need.
  5. Next, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

6. Now look in the right side pane for two run values that are just random numbers.
  7. Once you have found the value(s), right click it and press "Delete"
  8. Okay the prompt and close IceSword.

descriptionSystem security 2009- cannot open any program files. EmptyRe: System security 2009- cannot open any program files.

more_horiz
Okay i did all that except there was only one run value that was a random number. and i deleted it. is that ok?

more_horiz
And thanks for the fast reply Origin Smile...

more_horiz
Yes that is ok, no problem glad to help 😉 please do the following:

Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:Program FilesTrend MicroHijackThiswinlogon.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

more_horiz
ok so after i click on install nothing happens. i don't get the user agreement and the program doesn't run Sad tearing

more_horiz
I see, see if you can do this:

• Please download DDS by sUBs to your Desktop (Important!!) from one of these locations:
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click DDS.scr to run.
  • When complete, two logs will open. Save both of the report to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste DDS.txt back here, I don't need to see attach.txt.

more_horiz
it won't run.

more_horiz
Lets see if you can run GMER, if not we will have to try a different approach:

Download the GMER rootkit scan from here: GMER

1. Unzip it and start GMER.
  2. Click the >>> tab and then click the Scan button.
  3. Once done, click the Copy button.
  4. This will copy the results to your clipboard.
  5. Paste the results in your next reply.
Note:
If you're having problems with running GMER.exe, try it in safe mode. This tools works in safe mode.
You can also try renaming it since some malware blocks GMER.

more_horiz
its scanning thanks Smile... will post the results as soon as its done!

more_horiz
p.s how long does it usually take to scan?

more_horiz
It shouldn't take long, how long has it been?

more_horiz
I've run a GMER scan on my machine before, had to test something for a user I was helping.
Took my scan about 10mins.

more_horiz
over half an hour now hmm

more_horiz
should i just save whatever its scanned so far and paste it here?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum