WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedPrimary Hard disk 0 not found HELP!

more_horiz
When I turn on my computer it loads with the Dell screen and then before windows can load, it comes up with a black screen that says "Primary hard disk 0 not found" When I check bios it says that Primary hard disk is "unknown" However. I can start windows by just shutting off my computer and turning it back on again. This has been going on for a feew months. What is happening. I did nothing to my computer beforethis. It just started happening out of nowhere. Also....when it goes into sleep mode after the computer has been on for awhile....I can not get it out of sleep mode. I have to turn it off and start it up again.

descriptionSolvedRe: Primary Hard disk 0 not found HELP!

more_horiz
Hello,

Disk 0 means that the hard disk is cannot be found by the BIOS which includes a faulty cable, faulty drive, badly seated cable connections, use of the wrong cable, cable fitted wrongly, faulty motherboard, and bad jumper settings on either the board or the drive.

As for your situation, it would be most likely to be a faulty cable or failing drive.

more_horiz
Thank you....is it best that I just get a new computer....It is quite old. Can you recommend what is a MUST to have on a new comp or should I be going to a MAC?

Last edited by Crystalca on 21st June 2009, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added entry)

more_horiz
I wouldn't want a MAC, firstly, it's expensive and not very practical.

Finding softwares to work with might be hard especially if you play games, there are almost no games on a MAC.

A PC can be bought at the same price with much better hardware specifications.

more_horiz
Would u recommend windows vista yet? or should I stick with XP still?

more_horiz
If aren't very geeky, get XP. The system requirements are also lower which give you more room for better speeds, you'll also have lesser driver issues with XP.

Or better still, get a computer without an OS and boot Windows 7 RC, when the final release is out, buy it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum