WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

System Security 2009 HELP!!!

3 posters

descriptionSystem Security 2009 HELP!!! - Page 2 EmptyRe: System Security 2009 HELP!!!

more_horiz
Bump

descriptionSystem Security 2009 HELP!!! - Page 2 EmptyRe: System Security 2009 HELP!!!

more_horiz
I think a proxy is responsible here.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

more_horiz
I can't even get into tools and internet options in IE....it just stops. Firefox already has no proxy selected.

more_horiz
Re-open Hijack This and fix this line too:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

If still no luck, you may need to transfer Combofix via CD or USB like you did with Hijack This.

more_horiz
I did the hijack this fix but no luck. Hijack this was already on this computer prior to System Sec 2009. How do I put combofix on a cd to transfer to the infected computer. Do I have to download it to my desktop first?

more_horiz
You'll need to download it on a clean working machine first.

more_horiz
Did that and installed on the infected computer...HOWEVER, this computer does not have the recovery console and it does not have internet access.

more_horiz
Hello run it anyways and post the contents back here.

more_horiz
It worked!!!!! SS2009 is dead. Updated everything!!!! Everything runs. It deleted a crapload of files. All anti spy/virus programs now have the latest definitions. Running malewarebyte while we speak. I'm going to donate...you guys are awesome. I'll post the logfile later it is huge!

Paula

more_horiz
Great to hear that, by the way I know for a fact that the file is going to be too big to post in one post so post the log in two posts or more if required.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum