WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

please help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis.

3 posters

descriptionplease help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis. Emptyplease help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis.

more_horiz
Please help.

I downloaded Hijackthis, but it does not open.
cant do anything.

What should I do?

thank you.

descriptionplease help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis. EmptyRe: please help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis.

more_horiz
i also tried to reformat my pc but it does not let the file open.
I tried everything referred to others posted.
how annoying!

descriptionplease help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis. EmptyRe: please help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis.

more_horiz
Hello rename Hijackthis to something like Hijaskctis.exe and try running it now.

more_horiz
thank you for this quick reply.
I changed the name but does not work..

more_horiz
Find and delete this file: C:\windows\system32\blocker.dll

See if you can run HijackThis now.

more_horiz
I did, but I could not.
also tried on safemode, but still cant.

more_horiz
Can you please boot in safe mode with Network and do the following:

Can you do the following in Safe Mode with Networking, (as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.) Once in the start up menu, select "Safe Mode with Networking", then do the following instructions:

• Download combofix from here
    Link 1
    Link 2

1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

please help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis. CF_download_FF

please help! cant get rid of Winbluesoft. can't even open Hijackthis. CF_download_rename

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV. (Mcafee)
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
    ***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

more_horiz
how to activate the internet on safemode?
I cant use internet..

more_horiz
and when press F8, screen goes to BIOS set up.

more_horiz
Hello Boot in Safe Mode how you normally would but choose Safe Mode with Networking

more_horiz
sorry I did open window on safemode with networking.
anyway, the file downloaded is not application, but binaryfile
binary file. is it ok?

more_horiz
It shouldn't be a .Bin file, can you download it from the other location and run it.

more_horiz
where is other location? other peoples response?
I did but still the same. binary file.

more_horiz
how can I do next?

more_horiz
Combofix does not run... can you tell me other option please..

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum